• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to bust out the Rancourt MTO’s out of hibernation.
096B04B7-9F34-4055-A38D-137A92F17B06.jpeg

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! These were one of the items that got me looking at them as I recall. I thought you'd passed them along; glad to see them around
Have not passed them along just yet. Probably need to but to lazy lol .

Beautiful boots, simply beautiful, quick glance and I thought they were Alden at first :)
Thank you Audog.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to bust out the Rancourt MTO’s out of hibernation.
View attachment 1073397

Another winner M-12. I wish Rancourt would get more love. I love everything about them. Easy MTO, ease of acquiring rare shell, great CS and the ability to customize when recrafting. All on top them making some really great shoes. I love my espresso captoe boots but similar to you, I seem to always reach for footwear made by that other great American shoemaker.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I might as well use the Huckberry credit, so now I have a pair of Natty CXL Rancourt Wolf boots coming. I hope they at least are the same color and actually are Natty CXL like the pix on the Huckberry website. (Like I need another pair of Natty boots........)

:lurk:I think this is all a conspiracy to **** with you. Brown CXL doesn't vary nearly as much as shell. Surprised it happened twice. Look at all the examples of monotone brown cxl shoes out there.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lurk:I think this is all a conspiracy to **** with you. Brown CXL doesn't vary nearly as much as shell. Surprised it happened twice. Look at all the examples of monotone brown cxl shoes out there.
I have other brown cxl and know what it should be like. The reason I ordered pair #2 was exactly what you said, it doesn't vary much and knowing that I thought, well first pair was a fluke. To get a 2nd pair with the right boot also bi-color and different from the left, is just plain weird, and I kind of think the vendor may have been shipped seconds, or substandard product, from the manufacturer. The CS person acted shocked that I got 2 pair with the same issue. If bi-color WAS by design, someone should have put that in the copy for the boot and I wouldn't have ordered pair #1, let alone #2!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really like how these (and the taller version @madhat had made) look — realizing that you have not had these long, do you feel they are holding up well?
Holding up perfectly fine, they have been wet (rain) and walked dog in snow and holding up great. Would not hesitate to buy another pair of them. I don't know how the sole will hold up long term, but I think it will be ok and that's based on I don't have anything with the same sole to compare. I'm looking forward to them developing a patina, as I am curious as to how Bison ages, but I bet it's pretty cool.

DRJames

Reaction score
I have other brown cxl and know what it should be like. The reason I ordered pair #2 was exactly what you said, it doesn't vary much and knowing that I thought, well first pair was a fluke. To get a 2nd pair with the right boot also bi-color and different from the left, is just plain weird, and I kind of think the vendor may have been shipped seconds, or substandard product, from the manufacturer. The CS person acted shocked that I got 2 pair with the same issue. If bi-color WAS by design, someone should have put that in the copy for the boot and I wouldn't have ordered pair #1, let alone #2!
Yeah I’m still kinda shocked your second pair showed up like that. My Brown CXL Wolf boots came perfectly uniform (as far as CXL goes at least). That’s a bummer.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I’m still kinda shocked your second pair showed up like that. My Brown CXL Wolf boots came perfectly uniform (as far as CXL goes at least). That’s a bummer.
I was pretty bummed as well, but I'm glad to know at least one pair turned out ok. Enjoy your Brown Wolf Boots!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got an email that the Rancourt boots I was having made at the factory have been shipped FedEx. Tracking number says they should be here NEXT THURSDAY??? I was unaware that FedEx had overnight, next day, 2 day and delivered by Ox-cart very slowly options.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got an email that the Rancourt boots I was having made at the factory have been shipped FedEx. Tracking number says they should be here NEXT THURSDAY??? I was unaware that FedEx had overnight, next day, 2 day and delivered by Ox-cart very slowly options.
I doubt Rancourt would use it, but there is Fedex Surepost too that hands off final delivery to USPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads