• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Polos, When Do You Get Them?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Title almost explains it all; any particular time (or place for that matter) where you can get Ralph Lauren Polos for the best price? I usually buy a bunch at the beginning of summer, and any amount I can save on them really starts to add up. Does Polo usually have a sale at any point, or are they pretty must just $75 year round? Seems like a staple everybody owns so I thought I'd see if there was a go to place.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are $50 in the winter at department stores and $40 year round at the outlets.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Argh, really should have bought them in the winter then. I was looking and I couldn't find them. Should have mentioned two things: 1) Has to be slim custom fit, NOT classic fit 2) Has to be a solid color Polos with those qualities never seem to be on sale; I can only find ones with horizontal stripes (they look like ugly golf shirts) or huge ponys and numbers stitched all over the place (looks like it's trying to be abercrombie for some reason). link, just to clarify

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
They are $50 in the winter at department stores and $40 year round at the outlets.

Also should have mentioned I've gone to the Wrentham outlets in Massachusetts, and they were not on sale. For some reason Ralph Laruen and Lacoste both keep solid slim fit polos at a constant price no matter where the sell them.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spitfirees20
Argh, really should have bought them in the winter then. I was looking and I couldn't find them. Should have mentioned two things:

1) Has to be slim custom fit, NOT classic fit
2) Has to be a solid color

Polos with those qualities never seem to be on sale; I can only find ones with horizontal stripes (they look like ugly golf shirts) or huge ponys and numbers stitched all over the place (looks like it's trying to be abercrombie for some reason).

link, just to clarify

Get them starting May 6 in the spring sale, up to 41% off.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
At the outlets. They can be had from $30-$49.

OP wants slim RL polos. The $30 ones at TJ MAXX and Marshalls are the big fit.

The BETTER RL's sell for more and don't go on sale often. The cheaper ones are always at the discount stores. For example, I saw a featherweight RL polo at Nordstrom for $85 that I liked. I went to Macys to see if they had it on sale. Macy's doesn't even carry it, it is too high end. I went to TJ MAXX and they don't carry it, they just sell the same ones as Macy's (but at half the price). For the really nice RL you have to go to a higher end store. You won't find them anywhere else. The cheaper ones may have the pony, but it is not the same, not when you put it on and wear it, the way the cloth feels.

I love Lacoste, but they're never on sale.

I guess it is the price of wanting to buy the best polo's out there.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baseball_guy
OP wants slim RL polos. The $30 ones at TJ MAXX and Marshalls are the big fit.

The BETTER RL's sell for more and don't go on sale often. The cheaper ones are always at the discount stores. For example, I saw a featherweight RL polo at Nordstrom for $85 that I liked. I went to Macys to see if they had it on sale. Macy's doesn't even carry it, it is too high end. I went to TJ MAXX and they don't carry it, they just sell the same ones as Macy's (but at half the price). For the really nice RL you have to go to a higher end store. You won't find them anywhere else. The cheaper ones may have the pony, but it is not the same, not when you put it on and wear it, the way the cloth feels.

I love Lacoste, but they're never on sale.

I guess it is the price of wanting to buy the best polo's out there.

Exactly; I have a few from TJ Maxx in my closet and they're just absolute garbage. The fit is horrible, the horizontal stripes look terrible... I'd rather keep looking or just buy the right ones.

uvmboi13

Reaction score
Once in a blue moon Macy's usually has a Lacoste Polo on the clearance or sale rack. That combined with their 25% Friends and Family coupon = cheap stuff.

I think a Lacoste Polo was $39.99 on sale at Macys and I used a Friends and Family Coupon to get it for $30.

Material Boy

Reaction score
I just got back from Beverly Center Macys. I brought a slim fit beige Polo Ralph Lauren shirt for $7.49 + tax ($9.99 - 25% for F&F).

Macys is having another "One" Day sale this coming Friday and Saturday. If your local Macys still carries some of the Winter Olympic RL stuff, they will be on sale at 82.5% off (65% off plus an additional 50% off).

Department stores such as Macys, Bloomingdales, Saks etc are your best bet for good deals on Polo. Polo outlet is never good place to buy RL polo shirts. Most of the polo shirts at outlets are made "exclusively" for the outlets. Look for PSR (Polo Stores Return) when one visits polo outlet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads