• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rajawongse blazer and shirt experiment

Scuttlebutt

Reaction score
So I looked into these guys and they seem legitimate in every way, so I shot them an email the other day. I'm a student and can't exactly be in Thailand any time soon, but I asked if they could make me a navy blazer and some shirts using measurements I get from a local tailor. I got a very personal reply in response, and they are now sending me some fabric samples. Seem like nice guys. Anyone have experience with these guys? I guess they've made suits for US presidents, ambassadors, etc. My expectations for the blazer aren't high, but it should be fun to see what they can do. http://dress-for-success.com/

dv_indian

Reaction score
Their shirts are a good value for the money. Like you, I found them on the internet and emailed them out of curiosity. They responded back and mailed me fabric swatches. I chose 5 shirts. I told them I wanted a slim fit and emailed them the body measurements they specify on their website. For this, I went to a local tailor and had him take my measurements. I then specified the sleeve length and shirt length I wanted. I also emailed them a couple of my pictures so that they could an idea about my proportions. The shirts were $38 each inclusive of shipping and monogram. They only accept cheques and no credit cards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I suggest you try out the shirts but stay away from ordering the blazer. Without in person measurements, a suit or a blazer should never be bought IMO.
I know because I have done it. I ordered a blazer from another online Thai seller(Excellentsuit.com).
It was cheap - I paid about $205 and it looks okay overall but the chest doesn't fit comfortably.
I don't know where you live but for blazers and sportcoats I can recommend David Chow of D.C.Mohex fashions from Hong Kong. He is touring a bunch of US cities in September. His prices are very reasonable and the fabric selection and quality is way better than what the Thai tailors can offer.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do look legitimate, but I have read some negative experiences with them. I choose Narin instead, and have been happy with the results after the first couple of fittings here in Bangkok. Rajaswonge seems more focused on quantity than individual stylistic attention for the clients... a lot of tailors in Bkk have embassy clientele, and there's trashy tailors all over the world that have had presidents as their clients... it doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm speaking of suits here of course, not sure about your shirts.

dv_indian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
They do look legitimate, but I have read some negative experiences with them. I choose Narin instead, and have been happy with the results after the first couple of fittings here in Bangkok. Rajaswonge seems more focused on quantity than individual stylistic attention for the clients... a lot of tailors in Bkk have embassy clientele, and there's trashy tailors all over the world that have had presidents as their clients... it doesn't mean a whole lot. I'm speaking of suits here of course, not sure about your shirts.

Yeah, as far as suits are concerned their popularity seems to be due to novice tourists who never visited Style Forum
laugh.gif
The infamous Sam's of HK makes suits for almost every walking celebrity but it is unlikely any of them ever wear those suits.

Prestwich

Reaction score
I went as a novice tourist and was really satisfied - got a navy suit and a few shirts made nearly two years ago - all good fits, decent construction, and still going strong.
6 months later I ordered a number of new shirts (from the UK, without going in for fittings), all of which were great. However I then ordered a second suit (again via post without fittings) and it was something of a disaster - well made but just didn't fit at all. I ended up having to take it to a local tailor for adjustments.
As such, I'd recommend any visitors to Bangkok looking for a decent value for money mtm suit to use them, but would hesitate to recommend ordering by post.
Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads