• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

raf simons x dr. martens 09

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked the Yohji ones more.

Edit: Although, the sliver ones are alluring...

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the ones on the far end look okay but the rest look as offensive as last season. metallic gold with thick soles? really? I think raf made doc marten his patient

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Still so mad she didn't have the Raf x FP samples yesterday!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i know. when i went up to the chick with the multicolored teeth, it was like she was waiting for me to ask

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I liked the Yohji ones more.

Edit: Although, the sliver ones are alluring...

+1 on both counts.

The monkstraps are really silly...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
awful.

Didnt care for the YohjixDM collab either. But Yohji did do a collab with George Cox years ago and the little bit I'd seen looked really good

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
If DM made these in their regular range (with no Raf attachment) would there still be interest? Lord knows DM makes shoes/boots just as whacked as these that don't get any press.
eh.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
If DM made these in their regular range (with no Raf attachment) would there still be interest?
Probably not. Isn't that kind of the point though, to get interest/attention in the company? They can't be making much money on these, if at all.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Isn't that kind of the point though, to get interest/attention in the company?

s'pose so, tho not sure how that works....

guy sees RafxDM, has no previous interest in DM but it's assumed he likes Raf which is why he's checking them out in the first place

so then does that guy go and look at the rest of DM's range and decide he likes some other shoes that cost 3x less but are made the same with same materials...?

I guess I dont understand sometimes who the intended audience is for certain garments. The typical guy wearing Docs would never buy this collab, and it's not likely the Raf customer will suddenly become a DM customer when it doesnt have his name or his inflated price tag attached to it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they are overpriced docs or underpriced raf, depending on audience. jil mainline shoes are mopre $ than raf and raf are way more than docs, so....

dave

Reaction score
ridiculous.

there was one or maybe two last time around that looked okay but these look like hammered dog ****.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those gold mofos could be used for some straight up peacocking...could be done with good effect assuming you have suss x 10.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
well, more like overpriced Docs then....

If the Raf line is anyway similar to Yohji's (which I've seen in person, havent seen the Raf in person) then it's the same leather, same place of production, same sole etc as a $100 DM, but priced much higher with the collab name attached. That was one reason I thought the Yohji line was garbage...same ******* shoe you can get for $100. At least use some premium super supple leather or something to really make them unique and justify the price a bit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads