• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really are beautiful. I do also absolutely love Alden's wingtips on plaza. I have come close to order many different variants but never worked out. I've been going a bit crazy lately but would have otherwise picked up a pair of Yenni's wingtips for sure.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually did some VSC this weekend to get some brown cream off then as well, and put them in the sun for a couple hours. I almost feel like the toe and vamp darkened rather than lightened but probably just my imagination. I don't think I overdid it with the VSC.

Also, as much as I like the look of my Guarded Goods flat waxed cotton laces, they are kind of a pain to use on the Lindricks and don't allow me to tighten them as easily. Will probably revert to the factory round laces.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RL Giannis. Some pairs of cordovan shoes just do not want to take a shine. This is one of those pairs. I've tried to remove the excess polish that was on them since new via brushing and buffing, but it seems like every time I buff them, more comes off. I've not wanted to use anything to try and strip it off. Maybe I need to get a horse hair polishing wheel for my drill.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

RL Giannis. Some pairs of cordovan shoes just do not want to take a shine. This is one of those pairs. I've tried to remove the excess polish that was on them since new via brushing and buffing, but it seems like every time I buff them, more comes off. I've not wanted to use anything to try and strip it off. Maybe I need to get a horse hair polishing wheel for my drill.

Those look just fine to me. IMO, cordovan doesn't need to have a high shine. It's natural luster is perfect.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saphir Creme. Neutral mostly for the Islays and Dark Brown and/or Burgundy for the Conistons as I'm trying to darken them a bit.

Nice, thanks. I have a few grain CJ shoes/boots and haven't really done anything to them - always a bit unsure. I have Saphir Renovateur but none of the cream.

On the topic of the Lindricks, I do notice in sunlight that on each boot the shaft is slightly lighter than the vamp/wingtip area. The actual variation doesn't bother me and I expect it with shell; however, I think I'd prefer is the lighter color was on the front/toes. I also feel like the toes/vamp area takes less of a shine than the shafts. Again, it would be ideal if it was reversed.

Still, great boots!

Last edited:

Skelnik

Reaction score

I had a pair of cordovan boots that did the same thing to me when brand new. Never saw anything like it. I ultimately went through 3 sessions of Renovatour, and 1 session of Reno Mat over a period of a week and some polish was still coming off. There was a ton of brushing and wiping down in between as well. Finally after a 4th session of Renovatour and more brushing and wiping down with a mildly damp cloth it looked great. The natural color of the shell came out and had depth along with the natural shine, nothing glossy. Sometimes they just put so much crap on it at the factory.

randomatom

Reaction score
Beautiful! I own a pair of Grasmeres (non-boot version of the Conniston, 325 last) about which I had the same observation - a little too constrained toward the toes. After about a dozen wears, it's much less of an issue.

randomatom

Reaction score
New Brown Grain Coniston's from Frans Boone

Love the golden brown color on these. Easily my favorite boot. A little undecided on the 325 last, as it's a little narrow in the forefoot but hoping they give just a tiny bit.

Apologies to everyone for the replies without quotes. I'm a noob and getting the hang of it.

As I was saying...

Beautiful! I own a pair of Grasmeres (non-boot version of the Conniston, 325 last) about which I had the same observation - a little too constrained toward the toes. After about a dozen wears, it's much less of an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads