questions about olive, beige, and sand colored suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Paxxil, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Paxxil

Paxxil Member

Hi,

I am new to these forums because I have recently become obsessed with suits and shirts. I have worn suits for my job over the past few years and I am still relatively up and coming in my career. I recently decided to expand my wardrobe further which includes the standard suit colors and styles which include a variety of materials and colors which are black, charcoal, navy, dark grey, med grey, grey with blue stripe and med light grey. I feel I have my professional and evening
    wear requirements. I recently decided to add a lighter suit to my wardrobe for the warmer months and I tried one on that loved and impulsively purchased. I have never owned a lighter colored suit with my medium grey being the lightest. It is labeled as olive but it doesn't resemble any olive suit I have seen. Can anyone identify the color and style and make some recommendations for shirts and accessories?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the photos I took before it was sent out to be tailored so I can't post any other pics until june 19th. Any input or opinions would be enlightening and appreciated. If it helps I am a young Asian male with peach complexion with a slim build. Thanks again for your time.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Paxxil

Paxxil Member

Anyone with any input?

3. eluther

eluther Senior member

What does it matter what you call the color?

Wear it with white and light blue shirts, and some dark-ish textured ties. Candy/bengal stripes in light blue with a tussah/grenadine tie in brown/navy would look nice. The material's casual enough, too, you could wear it as a sport coat, as well.

4. Paxxil

Paxxil Member

I will definitely look into trying some of those combinations out. I was also hoping to pair the suit with my Cordovan shoes. Another questions is if I should wear darker colored socks to contrast with suit. As for the color, I was just curious and I thought it might be useful info when asking for matching assistance when shopping for ties. I've never owned or worn a lighter colored suit and I am excited to rock it as soon as I get it back so I wanted to have some pairing options ready for the first time I take it out for a spin :)

5. eluther

eluther Senior member

Navy socks. I'd avoid herringbone or other tight patterns.

As for matching assistance with the suit, nothing brightly colored and you should be fine.

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Solid shirt and larger patterned tie would be safest. Socks have more flexibility; match them with any color on the suit.

When you say "Cordovan" do you mean the color or material (shell)? I'd probably go with a tan pair but an oxblood/burgundy/eggplant color would work.

7. Paxxil

Paxxil Member

I mean the color not the shell as I can't afford those heh. Great advice guys, I am finding this very helpful and look forward to implementing your suggestions!

8. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I like a burgundy shoe color on a suit like that. I wouldn't wear shoes lighter than the suit.

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Welcome to the dark (light?) side :)