• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Bodiley's / Shoesnorthampton Spring Special on Alfred Sargent Exclusive

TC11201

Reaction score
Thought that folks might want to know that Bodiley's (www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk) is about to launch a spring special on selected AS Exclusive shoes. As I understand it, they've had a number of Handgrade models made up to an Exclusive range spec (channeled soles, trim waist, etc.) and are offering them at a discount to regular Exclusive prices. I think they've made up about 10 models, including classics such as the Moore (adelaide), Milton (wholecut), Charlton (split toe derby). Flier will be going out to their regular customers today, so start your engines.

For those who don't have any experience with AS Exclusive, they are, IMHO, at least at the same quality level as C&J Handgrade, but with better sole treatment and price well below Handgrades. AS always made good, solid English shoes, but have really stepped things up since 2010 when they refocused on the higher end of the market.

For those who haven't dealt with Bodiley's, they are a real pleasure to deal with - professional, prompt, flexible, friendly. Sarah will take care of you if you email [email protected].

BTW, Bodiley's also carries C&J, Cheaney and have an own label line made to high specs by Cheaney (strong value for money).

Disclaimer - I'm just doing this as a favor to SF and someone who'd like to see Bodiley's get their due, I'm not personally benefiting from this PSA.

TC11201

Reaction score
BTW, I believe that all the models on sale are up on the website, you just need to click through to each model and/or email Sarah for the flier. They do ship to the US as these are special make-ups, not stock lines, and I think shipping is included in their price. Other models (besides the listed) I think are on sale include Wimpole, Hatton, Stiles, Wilson, Hampstead, Benson. There may be others, but I know that those are included.

TC11201

Reaction score
Best for any interested parties to contact Bodiley's directly, but these are available for WW delivery according to Sarah (I did query this before posting) as they are special make-up (same as the special AS Exclusive make-ups A Fine Pair of Shoes has on their website - also available for WW delivery).

Swede66

Reaction score

BTW, I believe that all the models on sale are up on the website, you just need to click through to each model and/or email Sarah for the flier. They do ship to the US as these are special make-ups, not stock lines, and I think shipping is included in their price. Other models (besides the listed) I think are on sale include Wimpole, Hatton, Stiles, Wilson, Hampstead, Benson. There may be others, but I know that those are included.

There is a bit of misunderstanding here. The styles Bodiley's are discounting are not special make-ups but standard Exclusives models that are being dis-continued by Alfred Sargent. All the styles are to be seen on alfredsargent.co.uk, under the Exclusive range.
This does obviously not make the shoes less attractive (I will order the Charltons myself), but they are not special make-ups.

Last edited:

TC11201

Reaction score

There is a bit of misunderstanding here. The styles Bodiley's are discounting are not special make-ups but standard Exclusives models that are being dis-continued by Alfred Sargent. All the styles are to be seen on alfredsargent.co.uk, under the Exclusive range.
This does obviously not make the shoes less attractive (I will order the Charltons myself), but they are not special make-ups.

Actually, based on my conversation with Bodileys, this is incorrect. These are indeed a special make-up. Some of the styles are Handgrade styles (the Milton, the Benson, for instance), made to the Exclusive specification and on lasts which are typically Exclusive lasts (the 99, for instance), others are Exclusive Range designs made using leathers which are not part of the standard RTW Exclusive Range (some colors / leathers are regular price - stock colors and leathers, others are on sale - non-stock colors / leathers). I'm not sure where the info about these being discontinued styles comes from - perhaps some are, but others (Moore, for instance) are not.

Ultimately, my information was relayed directly from a conversation that I had with Bodileys themselves. They specifically called these a special make-up that they did with Alfred Sargent and cited that as the reason that these are available for global sale and not just in the EU. I'd suggest anyone in doubt could have a conversation with Bodiley's as well, although I fail to see why trifling issues like this would matter...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads