• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA: Be careful on the internets - viruses, etc..

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was surfing the net on the older computer of mine which I thought was pretty well protected (anti-virus, firewall, etc)

All of a sudden got hit with multiple warnings from adobe acrobat reader about corrupted files even though I wasn't downloading any PDFs at the time- turns out the computer had an old version of it which is easily exploited and i surfed onto a hacked site. The only thing that really saved me was a freebie zonealarm firewall which blocked the hacked/corrupt PDF from causing havoc on my system, although I am sure the anti-virus would have stopped it at the next stage.. perhaps. Now after a couple system scans and tests later, I think I'm ok. But it was scary for a second.

Anyway, so don't forget to be careful out there, guys. Use anti-virus/spyware and firewalls, make sure everything is updated, be smart about passwords, set access rules, and don't install/download anything you can't recognize. And of course be smart when surfing the gray zones of the internet.

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I heard the same thing although I'm quite weary of Good Samaritan notices like this one as well. Absolutely trust no one.

Originally Posted by Flambeur
Was surfing the net on the older computer of mine which I thought was pretty well protected (anti-virus, firewall, etc)

All of a sudden got hit with multiple warnings from adobe acrobat reader about corrupted files even though I wasn't downloading any PDFs at the time- turns out the computer had an old version of it which is easily exploited and i surfed onto a hacked site. The only thing that really saved me was a freebie zonealarm firewall which blocked the hacked/corrupt PDF from causing havoc on my system, although I am sure the anti-virus would have stopped it at the next stage.. perhaps. Now after a couple system scans and tests later, I think I'm ok. But it was scary for a second.

Anyway, so don't forget to be careful out there, guys. Use anti-virus/spyware and firewalls, make sure everything is updated, be smart about passwords, set access rules, and don't install/download anything you can't recognize. And of course be smart when surfing the gray zones of the internet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40