• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: $10.46 + shipping tailored fit shirst at Martin + Osa

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Throw some vegetables and some chicken broth in there and it sounds like you have yourself a fine dish.

Otherwise, a tailor might be able to help you if you're thinking you will need smaller measurements.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brandall10
^ I bought a couple small tailored fits... (I'm a 38.5" chest, also a short guy, 5'5").

How's the shrinkage? I'm thinking about boiling these suckers and putting them on the scorch setting in the dryer.

You're going to need the sleeves definitely shortened at that height, and plan on tucking them in at that height. You should be alright in the chest if you don't like skin tight, and have shoulders that are proportional to your chest measurement. Wash first then tailor, they shouldn't shrink excessively though.

ispace

Reaction score
I had some shirts in my basket last night & all of a sudden the site was "down for maintenance". When it came up again, my basket was empty and 70% of the sale items, including all shirts, had disappeared from the site completely. Good customer service.

B.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
I had some shirts in my basket last night & all of a sudden the site was "down for maintenance". When it came up again, my basket was empty and 70% of the sale items, including all shirts, had disappeared from the site completely. Good customer service.

B.

so what you're saying is...you're slow and bitter

brandall10

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ Throw some vegetables and some chicken broth in there and it sounds like you have yourself a fine dish. Otherwise, a tailor might be able to help you if you're thinking you will need smaller measurements.
True + btdt many times. It's just a bit easier when the shirt costs $100+ to spend some $20-30 to get it down pat, rather than spend 3x the cost of the shirt. I know, I know, if it's nice... and I've certainly done that with some vintage shirts I fell in love with. We shall see.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine this evening.

The Medium fit me in chest and shoulders very well. The arm length is also dead on.

Downside as was evident in someone else's pics a page back, the arms are kinda big. No collar stays and the collars are fairly large so even if they were brilliant shirts that resigns them to full time casual wear.

The Brown check and the green gingham fabric is of decent quality but the color is kinda iffy. The green one is so utilitarian looking it manages to take the fun out of gingham. Hard to really convey what I mean but I guess it's that "Chaps" and other Kohl's brand kind of feel. nothing about the shirts pops thats for sure.

The Purple Gingham was a nice surprise in comparision however, it's a textured gingham, almost a seersucker. Still not fantastic or anything but its a great 11 dollar shirt.

So great fit for me, shame the fabrics are so blah. definitely wouldn't pay 60-70 for them thats for sure.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Got mine this evening.

The Medium fit me in chest and shoulders very well. The arm length is also dead on.

Downside as was evident in someone else's pics a page back, the arms are kinda big. No collar stays and the collars are fairly large so even if they were brilliant shirts that resigns them to full time casual wear.

The Brown check and the green gingham fabric is of decent quality but the color is kinda iffy. The green one is so utilitarian looking it manages to take the fun out of gingham. Hard to really convey what I mean but I guess it's that "Chaps" and other Kohl's brand kind of feel. nothing about the shirts pops thats for sure.

The Purple Gingham was a nice surprise in comparision however, it's a textured gingham, almost a seersucker. Still not fantastic or anything but its a great 11 dollar shirt.

So great fit for me, shame the fabrics are so blah. definitely wouldn't pay 60-70 for them thats for sure.

You have to remember this was bottom of the barrel long after the season has already passed, so that's why so most of the fabrics/patterns were dull. After the final lot of solids sold, the only decent one I saw from the lot was the purple gingham from what was left.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
You have to remember this was bottom of the barrel long after the season has already passed, so that's why so most of the fabrics/patterns were dull. After the final lot of solids sold, the only decent one I saw from the lot was the purple gingham from what was left.

Oh I get it, and I wasn't expecting much. However, given the area this label is trying to position for and the current state of retail fashion (IE EVERYTHING being on sale), I didn't rule out the possibility of better quality.

The 32 dollar suede wingtips are also good at the price. They have rubber soles but they feel great. Definitely won't fret over scuffing them the way I do with my nicer oxfords. I know why no one bought them at $170 though.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it isn't related to the shirts, but how do the sweaters fit? The cardis look nice at $50, but I dunno if their small would be too big on me. I'm 6'1," 150, about a 36" chest.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I know it isn't related to the shirts, but how do the sweaters fit? The cardis look nice at $50, but I dunno if their small would be too big on me. I'm 6'1," 150, about a 36" chest.
im 5,9 140 about the same chest as you and the their sweaters fit snug (not tight) on me. They might fit you well, if you want the super slim look.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Oh, that actually sounds great. On the site, they were listing the measurement for smalls as 37"-39", so I thought that if anything, they'd be too big. Are the sleeves pretty slim, and are the smalls decently long? I can deal with short-ish sleeves, since I'd usually be layering cardis over long sleeve OCBD's.

I bought an M+O v-neck in large before I learned that clothes should fit, and I remember that I liked the quality.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
^Oh, that actually sounds great. On the site, they were listing the measurement for smalls as 37"-39", so I thought that if anything, they'd be too big. Are the sleeves pretty slim, and are the smalls decently long? I can deal with short-ish sleeves, since I'd usually be layering cardis over long sleeve OCBD's. I bought an M+O v-neck in large before I learned that clothes should fit, and I remember that I liked the quality.
the small sleeves fit me well, but since you are taller they might be a little small the sleeves are little loose on the top half but tapers well to the bottom half. ( probably because i have skinny arms )

FashionIQ

Reaction score
Ordered a sweater and I'm 5'8, 140, narrow shoulders
confused.gif
, about a 5'10 wingspan (meaning longer arms). I'll check back when I get my stuff on Monday. Unless FedEx delivers during the weekend.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order was in today.

I got two of the tailored fit shirts in small and a sweater. I like the sweater, but I'm not sure what to do about the shirts. I'm 5'8" ~150, but I have wider shoulders so there's some puckering when buttoned up to the second button, depending on my posture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads