• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Propercloth.com fanst- $50 for $100 deal at gilt.com

Staggerlee

Reaction score
Gilt.com is running a deal right now where you can get a $100 credit at propercloth.com for $50.
If you're not a member and ask for an invite you don't even need to wait for the email from them, just log in with the username and password you enter when you ask for the "invite"

JakeLA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staggerlee
Gilt.com is running a deal right now where you can get a $100 credit at propercloth.com for $50.
If you're not a member and ask for an invite you don't even need to wait for the email from them, just log in with the username and password you enter when you ask for the "invite"

Given the image Proper Cloth uses to promote their shirts, I think I'll pass

j8nuy1.jpg

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeLA

j8nuy1.jpg

I wasn't the only one to see that. Good.

drewdub

Reaction score
I ordered one... I was planning on doing a few shirts from nialma soon, so what the hell. Although now that I have ordered it I am slightly disappointed by the fabric selection.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeLA

j8nuy1.jpg

Can't argue - this image is terrible. I have no idea where Gilt got this clipart but it is not from us. I've been asking them to change it all morning....

Scalawag

Reaction score
This deserves a bump if not because you're making yourself available in the discussion. I'm very interested in your site. Would you recommend the super skinny fit for someone who is, well, pretty damn skinny? I'm 5'7" / 125lbs. I figured this was the way to go but I wasn't sure if it's really, really tight.

Staggerlee

Reaction score
I thought propercloth was decently regarded around here. I made my first order a little while ago and am waiting for it to arrive sometime in the next few days. I plan to use the certificate for more if the fit is right and/or after any needed adjustments.

The King of Teeth

Reaction score
Since Seph from Proper Cloth decided to post here and send me a private note, I thought I would expand on my experience. Listen, Im not here to bash cause there is nothing worse than some anonymous dickhead on the internet ruining your business so I think I owe it to Proper Cloth for an explanation of my post.

A while back (6-12 months ago I think) I found proper cloth website and decided to order a shirt. Their website was fantastic, the graphics and user interface was excellent, I thought what the hell, Ill give it a try.

I picked a fabric (something in the $200 range - one of their expensive ones) and put in all my measurements. A few weeks later I got my shirt. Totally the wrong size. No big deal, I thought I would send them photos with the shirt on, showing them the deficiencies and thought would get a new shirt.

Emailed Seph and he obviously saw the problems with the shirt and offered to redo it. Great customer service I thought. A month goes by, no new shirt. I emailed a couple of times and get a reply that the fabric is no longer available that I picked and they had completely lost track of the order and hadnt even started on my new shirt - the replacement.

Rather than deal with this, I got my money back and moved on.

I have to say the fabric was quite unimpressive for the cost and obviously the fact that I never got a shirt (that was close to fitting) was a problem. They did return my money without much of a hassle so I cant complain.

Would I order from them again? no. Ive gotten some Turnbull bespoke shirts in the meantime and they are fantastic. Quality is much better as is the fabric and construction.

Do I have a vendetta against proper cloth? no. Listen, **** happens, they screwed up and totally botched my order. But since they gave my money back and Seph was kind enough to contact me privately and post online here, I figured Id give my version of the story and what happened instead of an anon drive by post harming the dudes company.

I hope that they do a better job in the future and I hope that folks have had good luck. I did not.

hope this helps.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@The King of Teeth - Thanks for the info. Sounds like this was from the time when Proper Cloth was still a company of just one person (me). It was overwhelming at times... sorry again for the mixup.

Since then I've been able to improve the IT around order tracking and decrease delivery time to 2-3 weeks (on orders and alterations). Have also brought on a full time customer support person to make sure everyone gets a quick response and nothing slips through the cracks.

I'm not saying we'll never make another mistake - just want to be clear that we're working really hard to be the best custom shirt experience there is. Our feedback is typically very positive but we're still aiming for 100% satisfaction.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crinklecut
Seph, do you ship overseas or only to the US?

Yes, we can ship overseas by special request. Note there is a $20 charge and the delivery speed may be over 3 weeks. Email us and we'll get you all the details.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads