• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Probiotics

arenn

Reaction score
Anybody use this stuff? I typically start the day off with a yogurt and was thinking about switching to something like Danon Activa. I'm just wondering if all this probiotic food actually does anything and what people's experiences have been with them. Thanks.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take probiotic pills in the morning on the recommendation of my doctors. The only difference I can feel is that I'm less like to develop symptons related to lactose intolerance. There are supposedly long term health benefits involved, which will not change one's day-to-day life.

blackjack

Reaction score
I have a co-worker who is very suspectible to hayfever allergies. During the allergy season, he swears by a combination of probiotic foods to supplement his immune system response. His diet includes (live cultured) yogurt and also natto ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natto ) - the latter definitely being an acquired taste (!) He claims that it takes about 2 weeks for his body to build up full immunity. And, at the same time, he swears off alcohol during the allergy season as he also indicates alcohol kills off the beneficial bacteria in one round of drinking.

I occasionally take the white probiotic pills if my stomach is feeling upset, but I just consume yogurt and sometimes natto on a regular basis.

tiratela

Reaction score
TAKE THEM regularly... Especially before visiting a country like INDIA. We bought a lot of them prior to our move here. They help with the kids and are recommended my doctors here... You never know what the person that cooked your food did prior to that.

Probiotics help balance the bacteria that is naturally in your stomach.. (What I was told). They help break the damaging and upsetting fauna..

R>..

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take probiotics too. It is a good idea, will help nutrients absorb better and stuff like that. I take Udo's adult formula once a day. Be sure you take one with around 10 billion live cultures.

The two main ingredients you want to look for are (pretty sure):
Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium Bifidum

I was also reading some things about eating a certain amount of some fancy yougarts, but you can't exactly just go to your local supermarkets to get them, easier just to take a probiotic capsule.

All in all, its good poo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads