• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You squirted Bronner's ON your jeans instead of into the water? My guess is that the delicate cycle ironically didn't help you as it wasn't strong enough to evenly disperse the soap. I've used Dr.Bronner's for years and haven't had a problem when I add the soap to the water before sticking in my jeans.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even money says Whodini is correct.

Always put any detergent in the dispenser or if you don't have a dispenser, in after the water has filled. Never first and never directly on clothes. Lesson my mother taught me years ago.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah..the washing machine I have is ****** in that it locks once you start the cycle so i have to put soap and clothes in before the wash cycle even starts.

you guys are probably right though. oh well, lesson learned. at least it's just soap and will eventually come out..

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
yeah..the washing machine I have is ****** in that it locks once you start the cycle so i have to put soap and clothes in before the wash cycle even starts. you guys are probably right though. oh well, lesson learned. at least it's just soap and will eventually come out..
Oh I doubt it's a stain. If anything the soap probably affected the indigo and faded the jeans unevenly. That's probably permanent until the rest jeans fade to that level. EDIT: looking again, that could be just soap but it's hard to tell. Given the situation, I'd still say they likely faded unevenly.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Agreed with Mazda.

I'd also recommend to you and to others in the future that if you have a stain or if the indigo appears to have faded unevenly from a wash to AVOID SCRUBBING/AGITATING. You're only going to make the problem that much worse.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well ****...i hope not.

i was thinking about throwing them in the wash again on a more aggressive setting but i'm kind of cringing at the thought of how much indigo will be lost from 3 washes in the span of a day.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
well ****...i hope not.

i was thinking about throwing them in the wash again on a more aggressive setting but i'm kind of cringing at the thought of how much indigo will be lost from 3 washes in the span of a day.

Not worth it. Just wear them out and learn the lesson.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. They're jeans, doubt anyone (but you) will care.

Hell, last year special edition Diesel jeans with sperm stain sold like hotcakes.
bounce2.gif

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'll probably just wear them. thanks for the help everyone.

dubcbadass

Reaction score
So, this is my pair of raw selvedge jeans, so I thought they were worthy of posting. They are brand new Naked & Famous Weirdguy in Lightweight Selvedge. Here are the initial fit pics:
p1040163.jpg

p1040164h.jpg

p1040165i.jpg

p1040166c.jpg

They feel great at the waist and in the seat, thigh and lower leg. I will sag them slightly more than in the pics.
The stack pictures are what I am concerned about. Here are details of the mad stacks (disregard my bare carnie foot):
p1040167.jpg

p1040168.jpg

p1040169g.jpg

p1040171.jpg

My questions to everyone are: 1) What do you think about them overall, (a) on me (in terms of fit) and (b) as a pair of jawns standing alone? 2) Is that much stacking acceptable? 3) (a) Should I hem them (would that ruin the 'silhouette'? (b) If so, how much? 4) Should I take any steps in breaking these in other than wearing them? I don't even really feel like soaking them. Feel free to answer some, all or none of these questions.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They look fine. Hem them a bit if you prefer, but it's not absolutely necessary. No point in soaking sanforized jeans, though; just wear 'em.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried searching and I really dont want to look through 200 plus pages to find what im looking for.

Does anyone have pictures of black apcs with fades?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
Does anyone have pictures of black apcs with fades?
There may be some floating around somewhere, but honestly, they don't fade very well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads