• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
APC New Cures: about 1 year 3 months of wear...trying to destroy them to bits now.

Those fresh out of wash? Or did you size down a lot? Rarely do I ever see APCs fit so... snugly at the ass and not have those horrid knee bags.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
N&F is also one of the few companies that do a GREY jean, incase you're interested
Are you kidding? I'd be hard-pressed to name a company that doesn't make gray jeans, aside from some Japanese repro companies. Just off the top of my head, you can get gray jeans from Levi's, Uniqlo, NdG, W+H, APC, Crate, Nudie, Dior, Acne, etc.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Those fresh out of wash? Or did you size down a lot? Rarely do I ever see APCs fit so... snugly at the ass and not have those horrid knee bags.

Keep in mind they are New Cures, not New Standards. But yeah, they are still very fitted given the obvious wear. They look great!

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Keep in mind they are New Cures, not New Standards. But yeah, they are still very fitted given the obvious wear. They look great!

The diaperass syndrome is still very relevant to NCs, maybe even more so, because with NS you can size down, with NCs sizing down is death. So are kneebags, because the tighter the jean is, the more likely it is to stretch.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The diaperass syndrome is still very relevant to NCs, maybe even more so, because with NS you can size down, with NCs sizing down is death. So are kneebags, because the tighter the jean is, the more likely it is to stretch.

Keep in mind this also has alot to do with you body type and whether you were them satcked or hemmed.... "knee bags" are usually only present when you stack and ass baggin usually happens when there is no ass for the denim to attach to...

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
The APCs had been washed a couple of times prior to the picture, but no, they were not fresh out of the wash.

Before the first wash, I did experience alot of problems with the "knee bags" mentioned above, but as they were thrown in the washer more and more, I never noticed it until now, but the bags have pretty much disappeared (except to fit the shape of my knee). I wore them pretty frequently since the picture, and the problem still hasn't reappeared.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confurious
Yes, these are the xx-005s, completely raw to start (as apposed to a one wash). Keep in mind that PBJs run TTS (if not a trifle slim), the tag on each pair is indicative of the size after a soak. These were size 30, my usual tagged size in most brands.

Alright, thanks!

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume thats a pre-distressed pair of diors, correct?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your assumption is incorrect. These are raw MIJ 19cm. Worn fairly constantly and washed (10+ times) for 1.75 yrs. Recent crotchal repair done, before any hole or tear deveoped.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two toddlers and they were constantly getting food, puke, snot, etc... all over them. I just couldn't keep up with the spot cleaning. Also, the spot cleaning wouldn't remove the stains half the time, even when I tried. I realize these aren't the coolest fadze, but I wouldn't exert the same amount of effort on Diors as I would on some other jeans.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everyone likes megacontrast fades.

Is it the fit that makes diors fade well, or the denim? I've seen people argue both ways. I want to get some 19's + 21's for the great fit and the great fades.

I'm keen for some PBJ too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads