• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for another seiko diver. Don't know what I want, but looking for secondhand/vintage, 40mm+ automatic, steel band (or aftermarket compatible), <$300, hopefully with some unique styling. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, this today
View attachment 1162509

You probably won't get a Sumo for under 300, but I'd see if you can stretch a bit and pick one up as you already have a very nice Turtle. And with an all-new (and more costly) Sumo just released, the market is fairly full of good used offerings at slightly depressed prices.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this then sold it then just bought it back from the guy I sold it to for $50 less than he bought it from me for. I’m happy to have it back on the wrist.

Seiko SBBN037 blue Tuna
5C9A8D1F-9B73-4248-B8CC-AA789B2A34DC.jpeg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of greens... here's the alpinist on his (her?) new shoes.

I think this deserves a cool animal based name like the divers. Maybe the Seiko Raptor... View attachment 1166323

Quite like the color and grain of the straps. I don't usually prefer same color as dial but there is enough gradation for it to work.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timely green question: am I quite mad for liking this watch?

xlarge.jpg

https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/collections/wreck-sp-5065/products/sp-5065-03

The whole idea of a "distressed" watch - manufactured to look already-beat-to-hell - is the kind of microbrand marketing rubbish that generally makes me point my finger and laugh.

But I kind of like it all the same. :oops::rolleyes: Seiko movement and under $300.

Their compressor-style "Bradner" model is perhaps more my speed.

https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/collections/bradner

I don't see myself actually pulling the trigger because that new green Seiko Sumo definitely has my name on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads