• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

polo shirts & sperry boat shoes

adelphi

Reaction score
i'm wanting to get some polo shirts with large horizontal stripes, anybody know a good brand which makes these?

also, what's the sizing for them sperry boat shoes?

Sauwan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adelphi
i'm wanting to get some polo shirts with large horizontal stripes, anybody know a good brand which makes these?

also, what's the sizing for them sperry boat shoes?

The polo shirts shouldn't be too hard to find. What kind of quality are you looking for? I've heard good things about the Ralph Lauren custom fit line.

As for the sperry boat shoes, I think they tend to run a touch big but it might be that I don't wear socks with them. I am a 10 in Sambas, Red Wings and Allen Edmonds, and I wish my sperry's were a 9.5 or maybe even a 9.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sauwan
As for the sperry boat shoes, I think they tend to run a touch big but it might be that I don't wear socks with them. I am a 10 in Sambas, Red Wings and Allen Edmonds, and I wish my sperry's were a 9.5 or maybe even a 9.
Weird. I go up half a size on the Sperry's I've tried.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Topsiders fit me pretty much true to size but I wear them without socks. I could probably go up a 1/2 size.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got this Fred Perry polo a couple days ago....great fit. Sorry for the bad pic, I'll try and get a better one later. It's easy to spot in this picture though.
L1000507.jpg

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get some Sperry Boat Shoes soon but I can't figure out the sizing. I tried on those "bahama" ones at a store today while wearing socks, and the 9.5 were a lil loose, but still comfortable. I want the authentic ones, in brown leather. 9 would fit me well w/o socks?

adelphi

Reaction score
i went to the fred perry site and saw the bold stripe shirt... http://www.fredperry.com/estore/defa...tore=menshirts i'm looking for things like those
smile.gif
and i'd order them but i don't like ordering from overseas. any ideas on what local (us) brands carry these kinds? re: sperry boat shoes. i'm a sz10 in conversexvarvatos, what size should i get? also, what color? i'm REALLY leaning towards the red...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Actually, the Fred Perry shirts can be had fairly easily in the US. I'm in Minnesota and I picked it up with the tags still on it from a thrift store. It originally came from a store called Lisa Kline Men (indicated by the tag), which is in Calif. somewhere. Other places that carry them are Ron Herman, Fred Segal....etc. Online retailers like Bluebee also have em. Well, good luck!

Sauwan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Weird. I go up half a size on the Sperry's I've tried.
Huh, maybe I have a defunct pair? I have no idea, I just put my 10M pair on and they are loose. It causes some rubbing and gave me some blisters for a month or so. They fit perfect with socks though.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 10 or 10.5 in chucks, and 10.5 in vans. and I wear a 11 in sperry originals, I could probably size up to 11.5. They slip ons on the other hand run about the same as chucks.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. If you end up deciding to go with a size 9 I have a NIB pair of Mako 2-eyed Mocs I'd be willing to let go for $50 shipped. Nice looking shoe in a medium brown called "copper". Can post pics later if interested.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
They are on sale on westmarine.com right now for 19 dollars. I think they are true to fit although some people like a more snug fit and size down one size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads