• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Sale?

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Septavius
Oh, looks like it's 15 actually:

Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming.

30% of all states, which is why I don't call it a few.

Honolulu now has a store in Ala Moana shopping Center that opened last April. Quite a nice store actually.

Perry

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I have a feeling this was asked before, but will Black Label be 40% or 30% off?

40%. then an additional 15% on Nov 13th. Presell has begun, so start calling.

I can tell you the most popular piece from this Fall's Black Label Collection is the military down jacket, regular price $595. It is sold out on Polo.com already. The cut is on the slim side, so get one size larger.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy

I can tell you the most popular piece from this Fall's Black Label Collection is the military down jacket, regular price $595. It is sold out on Polo.com already. The cut is on the slim side, so get one size larger.

Thanks for the confirmation. Also, do you have a picture of this jacket?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy

is it worth the $325 after discount if i can find it at some store?

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up 1 RLPL Shirt (showing great restraint) and received 40% + 15%.
The store did have a selection of 'Suede Only' EG's on Sale. These ran $1,250 - $1,600.
Still a little rich for my blood, even after discount.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
I just picked up 1 RLPL Shirt (showing great restraint) and received 40% + 15%.
The store did have a selection of 'Suede Only' EG's on Sale. These ran $1,250 - $1,600.
Still a little rich for my blood, even after discount.

I am assuming 1250 before discount correct? Also, what was the discount on the suede EGs, 30+15% or 40+15% off? There is a pair of suede Mackays that I have had my eye on, but I think that even with the 40+15% there are still a little much given the $300 price bump this season.

Thanks.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
I am assuming 1250 before discount correct? Also, what was the discount on the suede EGs, 30+15% or 40+15% off? There is a pair of suede Mackays that I have had my eye on, but I think that even with the 40+15% there are still a little much given the $300 price bump this season.

Thanks.

I just called NY this morning and was told EG made shoes will NOT be part of the sale. The sales person did said that is subject to change.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK - Straight from 'The Horses Mouth', (my guy at RL Beverly Hills).
Pre-Sale commenced on Monday of this week and the 15% 'Kicker' is being honored now, on many lines (RLBL and RLPL).
Best to call and assess what the exclusions are though.

Yes, the prices that I quoted were full retail, on the EG's. I was put off by the prices, so did not pay much attention. I did notice a Brogued lace up, a Monkstrap and a 'Chukka' of some description.

Overall, EG's aside, the selection was fairly underwhelming, with only a couple of relatively boring C&J's and some overpriced 'Astor' style (new model?) Made in Italy Chelseas.

They are heavily stocked with Fall wear. Some nice RLBL Peacoats, (I was put off by the twill fabric).

Not as exciting as Sales past. I will be resisiting as much as possible and picking up 2 pair of RM's, when I head home to Australia, in a couple of weeks.

I hope this helps.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had it confirmed: EGs would be @ full price.
So much for economy being in the shythouse
musicboohoo[1].gif

On a related note, I went to @ Ferragamo store hoping to try on their $3800 shearling ($5K @ Saks
devil.gif
) and a pretty cool looking cashmere sweater @ $1200.
Was informed they'd just boxed few stock pieces they had in my size and shipped them to NYC store where the merchandise's flying outta the door.
Did I mention economy was in the shythouse ?

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
There's a coat I'm thinking about getting, but the site has two different photos for the same style.
Military Snorkel Jacket

The main photo and first three are completely different than the last photo in the group, which upon snooping around the internet I found the coat the last photo is of on this korean site:

http://polostar.co.kr/acecart/bin/sh...cate=020106000

However, both the Polo and Korean site have the same description for the jacket. The description seems to more accurately describe the coat in the last photo/one from the korean site. Has anyone seen this coat in person can confirm which is the correct photo?

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
There's a coat I'm thinking about getting, but the site has two different photos for the same style.
Military Snorkel Jacket

The main photo and first three are completely different than the last photo in the group, which upon snooping around the internet I found the coat the last photo is of on this korean site:

http://polostar.co.kr/acecart/bin/sh...cate=020106000

However, both the Polo and Korean site have the same description for the jacket. The description seems to more accurately describe the coat in the last photo/one from the korean site. Has anyone seen this coat in person can confirm which is the correct photo?

This jacket might NOT be part of the November sale. This jacket is part of their more recent Polo fashion group.

I can tell you Luxury Spa, Show and Circuit, Wall Street and Park Ave will definitely be part of this sale.

During presell, some sales associates will overlook this fact, and still give it to you at 30% + 15%. Your chance will diminish as we apporach Nov 13.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads