• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Italian-made trousers and hefty, Double RL horsehide leather jackets

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I sold a pair like that first one right after Christmas and they are fantastic. MSRP was lofty, like over $400 I believe, but they are great pants. Definitely agree with the slim judgement. I tried on a 33 and it fit like a 31.

if that's true then the 36 ought to fit like a 34????

Doc is this true since you're about my waist size (34)???

also is it flannel material?

if so to all of the above, then I'll likely take the size 36 in the light grey

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
if that's true then the 36 ought to fit like a 34????

Doc is this true since you're about my waist size (34)???

also is it flannel material?

if so to all of the above, then I'll likely take the size 36 in the light grey

Re: the platinums: I wear a 33 and kept a 33. I found them slim but not outrageously so. Pretty standard for the Polo Italian-made trou, in my experience.

I think they're flannelly, but that's off the top of my head. I'll have to check later tonight.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
... Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go deal with some Nazis.* http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._/leatheri.jpg *Jacket purchase does not include toy gun or fedora.
DAMN!!!
worship.gif
worship.gif
P.s. Sucks I did not see this thread earlier. To the person who stole the 32 waist trousers from me: Enjoy them you bastard; may you be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels
tongue.gif

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: the platinums: I wear a 33 and kept a 33. I found them slim but not outrageously so. Pretty standard for the Polo Italian-made trou, in my experience.

I think they're flannelly, but that's off the top of my head. I'll have to check later tonight.

ok,,,,in that case Doc, they'll definitely be too big in a 36

I was just hoping beyond hope that it might work

skunkworks

Reaction score
Holy crap, I think you're right. The curse of being colorblind. I'll check with someone with sufficient rods and cones and get back to you.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't see anything either. Damn our mothers.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doc,

PM sent re: a couple of pairs of trousers.

Regards,
Journeyman

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That horsehide is gorgeous but I think the large is a touch too small for me
frown.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The horsehide is tough to measure because of its heft, and I've tended to err (slightly) on the conservative side. If anyone wants more measurements, let me know.

I've updated the original post to reflect what's left. Everything listed is still available, while everything that had been paid for as of midday Friday has been sent. The federal holiday Monday will slow down shipping a bit, but the items should arrive shortly.

As for other sizes, it's possible but unlikely, at least in these specific styles. I'm always on the prowl, though.

Just as an addendum, my estimated retail price on the trousers was pretty low. Most retailed for closer to $350 than $300, while the camel ones originally sold for $500.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Where was the horsehide jacket made? Is it too thick to wear in a car? I have a vanson moto jacket and it is awesome, but too thick for much of anything except for riding, which is great since that is what it was made for but limits it's usability somewhat. Thx.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads