• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo fearson shoe

JohnMS

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW Regarding the Polo Fearson shoe, first, does anyone know the Italian maker of this shoe or if the quality is decent? Second, can anyone comment on the sizing of the shoe (runs long, short, narrow, wide, etc.). Third, and off the topic, what's up with the final price of this shoe?

shoreman80

Reaction score
Wow, someone really overpaid for that shoe, that's unbelievable. The question is, how could there be two people willing to spend $300+ on that? Someone had to be outbidding this guy. HRHAndrew got Edward Greens from Grapevinehill for significantly less $$.

Pardon my vocal gawking, I don't actually know anything about the Fearson, though I was considering bidding on one in a size 11. I like the Fredrick boot as well. Grapevinehill must be damn excited.

If forced to offer a generic opinion, I'd figure these likely run true to size if RL is selling them for mass American consumption.

You might want to search the forum for polo shoes, possible makers of italian polo shoes is a topic that has been discussed before, though, I think, without definitive answers.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Shoot if I want to pay $380 for a brown suede shoe I'll give C&J a call.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the Polo Italian-made shoes -- got 'em on Bluefly for $150. This appears to be the same maker, if not the same last. They run about like a Banana Republic shoe. Compared to BB's Alden shoes, for example -- I wear a 10 in the BB Alden captoe (crazy -- the # on the shoe is irrelevant with Alden it appears) and an 11 in the Polo Italian made. They fit exactly the same, though the width in the Polo is narrower. I wear 10.5 or 11 in Johnston and Murphy, if that helps things further.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Anyone else have any experience with the fitting of the Polo Italian mades such as the Fearson?

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are the exact same shoes Bluefly was/is selling for much cheaper than $380.

Personally, I don't like the "golf shoe" look of those things.

TomW

Reaction score
LOL, they sold for more than their original full retail. Bluefly has them for significantly less ($159ish if I remember correctly) and Sierra Trading Post has (or had) them for slightly less. Ther just is no understanding the ability of some people to spend so much more than the need to.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Anyone else have any experience with the fitting of the Polo Italian mades such as the Fearson?
They run a good 1/2 size to full size smaller than the Edward Green Polos. I wear a 10 in the Greens and an 11 in the Italian Brawleys.

wicozani

Reaction score
I just received these shoes two weeks ago from the 'Fly and I am very happy with them for the price I paid (~ $175). They are both Blake- and Rapid-stitched, and are leather throughout. They are not as refined as my suede Edward Green Telfords, but then they are only 25% of the price. They run 1/2 size small. I usually wear an 11D US and the 11 1/2 D fits me very well.

Regards,

Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads