• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll-How Many Suits Do You Own?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 15 suits -- my favorite brand (until I become wealthy) is Oxxford.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Six suits; Oxxford and Greenfield Gold Fleece are my favorites, though Samuelsohn makes some fine garments, too.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too many, although a couple of them are cheap macy's ralph lauren green label suits or g. beene suits (or equivalent) which are just hanging around until they fall apart.

of the good stuff - one solid navy oxxford, one light gray striped pattern belvest, one grey flannel paul stuart (by sammy, i think), and two unaltered paul stuarts (by isaia). and one 100% linen j. crew suit for the summer time.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seven suits, only two of which are better than middlin' fair--one Corneliani, one Chan. However, I hardly ever wear a suit.

I have 16 odd jackets, nine of which are from my friends in Kowloon. I do wear odd jackets (blazers, sport coats) almost every day. Hope to buy about three or four more jackets from Chan before retiring next year.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2; 3 button cotton grey pinstripe Jil Sander and a black (I know :/) Costume National suit. I really dig the Sander silhouette, though hard to get at my ideal pricepoint.

topbroker

Reaction score
18 suits, 13 sportcoats and blazers. Jos. A. Bank garments seem to fit me well with minimal alterations, as do (in a more Euro vein) Hugo Boss garments. I've got a double-breasted Burberry blazer that I adore and that fits me splendidly. But some of my favorite suits and sportcoats are no-names, too. I like high-end name stuff if I can get it second-hand and/or cheap; but there would be no earthly reason apart from self-satisfaction for me to invest above $1,000 on a suit to wear in Northeast Wisconsin, and it wouldn't satisfy me that much.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Why don't you make a poll?

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
I had about 15 until I became a SF member. I am down to six or seven, plus three sport coats. I was shamed into donating all macy's/syms bought suits that I purchased when first out of law school and making no cash.

My favorites are both vintage -- a Zegna and a heavy wool labeled simply "Nordstrom." Both had extensive tailoring to modernize the cuts.

Does anyone know whether Nordstrom ever had a house label? It is half-lined, but made from super heavy wool. Narrowish lapels and when I picked it up the pants had some pretty embarassing flare, but are flat fronted.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5, I think...3 Corneliani, 1 Polo (by Corneliani), 1 RLBL.

CharlestonBows

Reaction score
15 suits, 4 blazers, 12 odd jackets.

Most of my suits are bespoke or demi-measure, although I have a few Armani, one Boss, one Corneliani. Of my jackets and blazers, a few are made, quite a few Polo, one Corneliani.

mljones99

Reaction score
2; a Burberry MTM and a Billy Reid MTM. The Billy Reid is my favorite. I was lucky enough to actually get fitted by Billy himself and he is even surprised me with the lining as his own special touch. It turned out PERFECT and couldn't be happier.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 10 suits and 5 Sportscoats. But I am looking to get rid of 4 suits.
My favorite suit maker would be Borrelli.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics