Pizza

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by JetBlast, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If I'm in the mood for good pizza, I get out the Kitchen Aid and mix up my own dough, put the pizza stone in the oven, and crank it up all the way. Then I thaw some of the homemade tomato sauce we make every few months and have a real pizza.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

The DiGiorno spinach/garlic/mushroom pizza is incredible for being frozen. Add some sliced prosciutto and some fresh herbs on top, bake, and you are good to go.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I eat a fair amount of frozen pizza since i'm lazy. My favorites are:

Amy's Margherita or Spinach
    California Pizza Kitchen White, BBQ Chicken or Garlic Chicken
    Kashi Meditteranean or 5 cheese
    Some other brands but i can't remember the names and they're a bit pricy so i don't buy them often

4. spertia

spertia Senior member

Wtf, a discussion on pizza that starts off with Dominos and Pizza Hut and then goes on to discuss Pizzeria Uno, Little Caesars and California Pizza Kitchen???

That's not pizza people!!!

Thank you! When I moved to my current town, I laughed my ass off (or maybe cried a bit) when I discovered that the local pizza place voted #1 by residents was Pizza Hut. What a joke.

5. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

6. jizzy p

jizzy p Active Member

Me and my friends always order Twice the Deal pizza, I dunno if that is local/provincial/national or what.
    But extra-cheese, pepperoni, and hot peppers is where it's at.

7. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

For a quick pizza, I like the fit and delicious thin crust from Pizza Hut. It has light sauce, chicken, jalapenos and a thin and crispy crust. It is a great pizza. When I go out for a pizza, I have to go to Buddys in Detroit. It is a thicker crust and out of thid world. I like how they put whole tomato slices on each piece and just not little tomato slivers.

8. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Puccini's Smiling Teeth in Kentucky and Indiana. With sausage, bacon, and ground beef.

In LA, Avanti Cafe in Pasadena. Their Hawaiian (with sauce, as opposed to the standard olive oil base) is very good.

9. jkennett

jkennett Senior member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    Favorite places I've spent considerable time at:
    D.C.- Pizzeria Paradiso
    Raleigh, NC- Lilly's Pizza
    Erie, PA- Papa Joe's Pepperoni Cafe
    Bray, Ireland- Pizzas and Cream

10. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I like two totally different types - new york style, with sausage and peperoni, and then real italian style with a thin crust and only about 12 inches, with salami and hot chili oil.

11. SantosLHalper

SantosLHalper Senior member

Wtf, a discussion on pizza that starts off with Dominos and Pizza Hut and then goes on to discuss Pizzeria Uno, Little Caesars and California Pizza Kitchen???

I know several places in northern New Jersey that make amazing pizza, but I'm not about to reveal my secrets here.

Thank you for saying this^

In DC, Pizzeria Paradiso. Great pizza and equally great beer list. Closer to home, there's Crozet Pizza or Dr. Ho's Humble Pie. In NY, I go to John's, but I'm sure that there's better.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Pizzeria Paradiso. Alberto's isn't bad, but a bit inconsistent. I am proud to say that although I live in Adams-Morgan, I have never tried the jumbo slice.

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I know several places in northern New Jersey that make amazing pizza, but I'm not about to reveal my secrets here.

Yea seriously. Living in Northern Jersey I can say the best pizza I have ever had has been in Northern Jersey not NYC.

I have been to so many "good" pizza places in NYC and the havent been able to hold a candle to the places I have been to in Jersey. I had also been to some pizza places in Boston and Cali that were supposed to be good and they turned out to be mediocre at best.

14. landho

landho Senior member

Home Slice in Austin is honestly the best I've had, Chicago, New York, or otherwise.

One of the owners is my friend's ex, is an Italian from New York, and her philosophy is very straightforward: simplicity and fresh ingredients.

15. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Senior member

for those in San Francisco, Little Star Pizza on Valencia street is seriously the best place for pizza in the whole city. there's two choices: deep dish or thin crust. and they seriously make the best for both, its absolutely amazing. this is the best bay area destination for pizza lovers, u gotta try it.