• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pin Collar

RedBaron01

Reaction score
I am new to the forum because I am looking for a particular type of pinned collar **** and am having a hard time. I am hoping to get help from you experts.

I am looking for a white, pin collared shirt and have no idea where to purchase one. The closest example to what I am looking for is Here
worn by Matt Bomer in his primer photos for White Collar. I have plenty of collar bars for some reason, just no pin collar shirts.

Thanks for any help,

-Terry

Corniche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedBaron01
I am new to the forum because I am looking for a particular type of pinned collar **** and am having a hard time. I am hoping to get help from you experts.

I am looking for a white, pin collared shirt and have no idea where to purchase one. The closest example to what I am looking for is Here
worn by Matt Bomer in his primer photos for White Collar. I have plenty of collar bars for some reason, just no pin collar shirts.

Thanks for any help,

-Terry

I also love club and pinned collars, and last week I saw 3 from Boss selection in white herringbone . 205 euros. Pin was incluided.

Look in his website

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar **** tends to distract from an otherwise well thought out ensemble.

RedBaron01

Reaction score
Thank you corniche. I will def take a look at the boss line. I think the club, pinned collars look very classy.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason your having such a hard time finding them is that they have gone out of style over the years. I suppose the wardrobe person for this show is trying to bring them back or something(god only knows why). You may be able to find them on ebay or something or once man masters the art of time traveling you can go back 15/20 years and get them. If one was only so desperate to do so.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedBaron01
I am new to the forum because I am looking for a particular type of pinned collar **** and am having a hard time.

-Terry

I have to say that, no matter how many times I see this typo, it never gets old.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
The reason your having such a hard time finding them is that they have gone out of style over the years. I suppose the wardrobe person for this show is trying to bring them back or something(god only knows why). You may be able to find them on ebay or something or once man masters the art of time traveling you can go back 15/20 years and get them. If one was only so desperate to do so.

Whilst using this time machine we should go back to cuffed trousers, double breasted suits, and bow ties because they aren't in style. No one should bother wearing this stuff anymore.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some would recommend pinning an ordinary collar. Otherwise, you may have to go custom.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers has one on clearance right now on their site.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan, but they're definitely coming back. It's probably another Mad Men effect, since I think one of the characters favors them.

I saw Alan Cummings wearing one as host of Mystery on BBC the other day, and a friend told me he recently bought a RTW shirtwith a pin collar by mistake. When you start finding them without looking for them, you know they're coming back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads