• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phone interview follow up. Please help!

wildcat83

Reaction score
So I got a call from a recruiter for a position. It is an entry level position and I am very qualified for everything, except I don't have experience with a particular software they use to process invoices. I am very computer savvy (I have built 2 of my own) and am very proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, etc.

She did not take it farther after I said I did not have experience in the one field, but in talking with my friend who is a recruiter, he said I should call her back and try to get in front of her. His thinking (as well as mine) is that once I get in front of her and present myself, that she might try to fit me in to the position, or somewhere else in the company.

How would you guys position the phone call back to the recruiter that pass on me the first time?

Please help!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Call her up and ask her if you can present yourself, so that she might try to fit you in to the position, or somewhere else in the company.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just be relaxed, they're just people who get paid for placing you in places, don't treat it as formal as a real interview.

Call her back and explain your skills and ask her if she has positions that would fit your talents.

GrillinFool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
Just be relaxed, they're just people who get paid for placing you in places, don't treat it as formal as a real interview.

Call her back and explain your skills and ask her if she has positions that would fit your talents.

Exactly. Explain to her that while the job requires A, B, C, D, and E that you are extremely well qualified in A, B, C, and E and due to that you are sure you can pick up D quickly and hit the ground running.

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Seduce her, and poast your findingz in a thread here... but seriously I would try whats already been said! good luck man

The Mitchelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Call her up and ask her if you can present yourself, so that she might try to fit you in to the position, or somewhere else in the company.

That is great advice. On calling her up, make sure you can explain any other qualities that might sway her to let you get infront of her.

Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads