• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who watch The Wire

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh. last episode is so bittersweet.

farewell good friend

fftfft

Reaction score
Easy to feel somewhat bitter about the end of any series, nonetheless one as great as this. I thought they did a pretty good job of tying a lot up.
worship.gif
the series and a solid
thumbs-up.gif
to the finale. I thought the opening was just hilarious...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I don't know how much we need to worry about spoilers - if you haven't watched last night's episode, don't read this thread yet! Anyways, that scene with Snoop and Michael..."Hey Michael, how my hair look?"

Damn! That gave me chills.

The girl who plays Snoop was supposedly a gang member and pretty heavily involved, anyone got more info on that, I thought she gave an amazing performance throughout this season.

The show is finally over and, to my mind, sets a new standard that will be hard to follow. I think I'm going to watch Deadwood now, the first few episodes were promising...

In a few weeks I guess we'll be able to discuss this more in detail as I'm wary of spoiling for now.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The girl who plays Snoop was supposedly a gang member and pretty heavily involved, anyone got more info on that, I thought she gave an amazing performance throughout this season.

The show is finally over and, to my mind, sets a new standard that will be hard to follow. I think I'm going to watch Deadwood now, the first few episodes were promising...

In a few weeks I guess we'll be able to discuss this more in detail as I'm wary of spoiling for now.

She did time for 2nd degree murder and got out when she was 18. Or maybe it was attempted (there's a wiki on her if you can figure out her real name, but I forget)... but either way, she was a little gangster.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
She did time for 2nd degree murder and got out when she was 18. Or maybe it was attempted (there's a wiki on her if you can figure out her real name, but I forget)... but either way, she was a little gangster.

Not attempted, you were right the first time. Felicia Pearson.

There was a story in the Post about her, too.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

deadwood is errr...i don't really like david milch's stuff too much. It's really slow imo.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
She also has an autobio out-there is an interview with her on a local Baltimore talk show when the book came out...haven't read it. I loved Deadwood, c*cksucker....lol...wish they had finished it up correctly instead of letting him do that other show...I really tried to like his newer show but in hindsight, it was pretty bad. I don't want tonight to come, no more Wire
frown.gif

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Damn...its so much worse than when 6ft Under ended....******* sad....ok, but sad...also, the Jameson is gone...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Bubbles stuff was touching. I thought Michael's story strained credulity a tad. Dukie broke my heart. I never cared much for the newspaper stuff. I'm gonna miss this show.

I loved Deadwood. I think you'll enjoy it, Fuuma.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
The Bubbles stuff was touching. I thought Michael's story strained credulity a tad. Dukie broke my heart. I never cared much for the newspaper stuff. I'm gonna miss this show. I loved Deadwood. I think you'll enjoy it, Fuuma.
My fiancee noted, after the episode ended, that it wasn't quite as depressing as she'd expected. I agree on the one hand (some of the more dire things that could have happened didn't; no specifics yet because I don't want to ruin anything for someone who, for some godforsaken reason, is reading this thread but hasn't seen the episode yet), but on the other, the overwhelming message is, as we knew it would be: nothing changes. As uplifting as the Bubbles story was, now we see it starting all over.... Carcetti came in claiming to be a new type of mayor, and yet.... Less immediately depressing in the short term, much more depressing in the long term. I also didn't really get into the newspaper storyline, but I love the actor who played Gus. I would watch him in almost anything. Just something about his physical presence. I would say "stage" presence, but I guess that doesn't work for TV.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
My fiancee noted, after the episode ended, that it wasn't quite as depressing as she'd expected. I agree on the one hand (some of the more dire things that could have happened didn't; no specifics yet because I don't want to ruin anything for someone who, for some godforsaken reason, is reading this thread but hasn't seen the episode yet), but on the other, the overwhelming message is, as we knew it would be: nothing changes. As uplifting as the Bubbles story was, now we see it starting all over.... Carcetti came in claiming to be a new type of mayor, and yet.... Less immediately depressing in the short term, much more depressing in the long term.

I also didn't really get into the newspaper storyline, but I love the actor who played Gus. I would watch him in almost anything. Just something about his physical presence. I would say "stage" presence, but I guess that doesn't work for TV.

He was on Homicide.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
He was on Homicide.

That's next on my viewing list, actually.

Also, right after the episode ended last night, I started downloading Season One (of The Wire). Time to repeat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads