• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal & Co shoes

whenwe

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've searched around trying to find an answer and from what I have gathered Peal & Co shoes are made either by sargent or crockett and jones and the best way to find out is by looking at the heal?

I'm I correct in assuming these are made by crockett and jones?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...sort_by=&sectioncolor=Brown&sectionsize=#null

Saw a pair at the outlet, with no obvious damage for about 230, was thinking of getting them, good deal?

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good deal. and if they are a 9, i know someone who wants the pair, so if you don't get it, pm me.

whenwe

Reaction score

good deal. and if they are a 9, i know someone who wants the pair, so if you don't get it, pm me.

Probably going to get them for myself as they are my size. But am I right in assuming they are crockett and jones made?

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I have a pair of those in black. Based on my research when I bought them, they are made by C&J on the 240 last. I read that you can tell whether Peal shoes are C&J made or AS made by looking at the "Peal & Co" font on the insole. AS ones have an elongated font while the C&J ones have a more "squarish" (similar height & width for the letters) font. I don't know how true this is, but it seems plausible.

Last edited:

whenwe

Reaction score

Or just look at the nail pattern on the heel, 2 = AS, 1 = C&J.

That's what I figured, and by that standard they appear to be C&J

I have a pair of those in black. Based on my research when I bought them, they are made by C&J on the 240 last. I read that you can tell whether Peal shoes are C&J made or AS made by looking at the "Peal & Co" font on the insole. AS ones have an elongated font while the C&J ones have a more "squarish" (similar height & width for the letters) font. I don't know how true this is, but it seems plausible.

How do you like these? Have they worn nicely?

Poshak Man

Reaction score
I would caution you to check the shoe for the last number and nail pattern etc. to make sue these are either AS or C&J. This shoe in the mail line BB stores has been made by C&J. But I have seen many shoes at the BB 346 outlet stores with more or less the same designs as the AS and C&J shoes carried by BB main line stores. The outlet shoes were priced at the lower $200 price point and were made in China. :embar:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

How do you like these? Have they worn nicely?

I do like them, but I've only worn them two or three times so far since I got them to be my one pair of formal black shoes. They fit me true to size and are very well made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads