• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart coming to DC?

heelguy

Reaction score
I was told by a salesman last week in the Oak Street store in Chicago that Paul Stuart is opening a DC store in the new City Center complex near Chinatown. Targeting a February 2015 opening. Hopefully true.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. A strange choice . . . that's a commercial district by day and a dining/entertainment district by night. I hope they've done their due diligence.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Agreed. Would be great if they came to DC, but it would seem like Chevy Chase, Tysons Galleria, or else near Farragut North or Georgetown might be better locations. Hard to see someone walking past the Verizon Center w/their Paul Stuart purchase...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Would be great if they came to DC, but it would seem like Chevy Chase, Tysons Galleria, or else near Farragut North or Georgetown might be better locations. Hard to see someone walking past the Verizon Center w/their Paul Stuart purchase...

My guess is that Paul Stuart believes that it's too similar to Brooks Brothers to be in close proximity (Georgetown, Farragut Square, Friendship Heights). The thing is, clothing stores are like furniture stores. They do better business when there are a critical mass of them together. Right now, City Center has Allen Edmonds. Maybe it's getting more clothing stores we don't know about?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Stuart's DC store has finally opened in City Center. I paid the store a visit last night after work. The store itself is beautiful. I liked the formalwear and accessories selections. I found the sportswear to be a bit blah, and the dress clothing to be almost a parody of Anglo-American menswear -- i.e., very loud shirts and ties. The prices were on the high side, as you might imagine given the location (PS shoes by G&G for $1428!). Worth another visit, but probably won't be buying anything outside of seasonal sale time.

heelguy

Reaction score
Went over there on Sunday. Beautiful store with beautiful clothes. Bought a dress shirt and a casual shirt and could have spent a lot more (waiting for 2 EG shoes from Skoak so had to show some restraint). Price points for certain items may be an issue for DC types who are used to Brooks Brothers. Hopefully they will do well.

rockred819

Reaction score
I checked it out on Sunday too. Didn't buy anything, just browsed for the first visit. I loved the wall of dress socks they have, as I'm someone who likes to wear fun socks to work on a daily basis. I also wanted to check out their suits, since I've heard great things.

One suit instantly caught my eye, but it was pricier than I was willing to spend. The saleswoman did tell me it was a seasonal fabric though, so I'll keep my eye on it and check back around the seasonal sale to see if I can catch a deal.

I now realize that since I was just browsing, I completely forgot to confirm that the suit was fully canvassed. But it was made in Canada, and at the price point it was, being made by Samuelsohn, I think it's probably a safe assumption that it is, no? If I do go back to buy it, I'll definitely confirm.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics