• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patinas and suit colours?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm interested to collect your personal views and tips regarding the difficult art of matching suit colour and shoe patina....

Suits colours:

Navy suit/Midnight blue

Dark Brown

Light grey /Silver

Dark grey/Charcoal

Cream/Beige

Solid Black

Shoes Patina:

Tan

Cacao

Mid/Brown

Chesnut

Walnut Museum

Parisian Brown/Dark brown

Dark Oak

Plum

Navy Blue

Grey/Pewter

Solid Black

Dark grey

It is in the same spirit than the "What are you wearing today" but in a different format ....
This thread could also help us to dare new combinations,exchange some ideas and tips and in the same time being a benchmark for less daring individuals...
I'm extremely interested in less obvious combinations with pewter ,chesnut patinas...

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a great topic, but in order to preclude definitional issues, can I recommend that we start with just considering the standard AE colours? Bourbon
360_l.jpg
Brandy
362_l.jpg
Brown
BrownFloodlight_I.jpg
Burgundy
3_42_I.jpg
Chestnut
Chestnut_I.jpg
Chili
3_48_I.jpg
Dark Brown
3_27_I.jpg
Merlot
3_43_I.jpg
Mocha
363_l.jpg
(and Black) (Oh wait, you're interested in the less-obvious combinations - would that make this a hijack?)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are some recent combinations I've worn recently, see the what are you wearing today thread for pics.

Navy suit/Pewter museum (first time I've done this combo; it works remarkably well).
Navy suit/Black suede
Charcoal suit/Burgundy calf
Charcoal suit/Black calf
Navy suit/Black calf
Navy suit/Dark Brown smooth calf & woven leather
Navy suit/Dark Tan calf (slightly antiqued)
Mid-grey suit/Chestnut Brown calf

Well, that's a few recent combos I've worn, anyway.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The combination Pewter/Navy suit is very popular at the moment....
Are we talking about the pewter vintage 2004 or the pewter museum (more marbled)?
One is grayer than the other.....
If you get a pair ,what kind of shoe cream or wax do you use on them?
A very dark brown is making the colour a bit more vibrant,a black will densify it...
The pewter is also recommended for the steel grey....
Regarding navy blue , i'm a great fan of the deep blue /borderline black finish ...

I'm tempted for my charcoal/grey suits to buy the deep Grey lord....It's not a big risk and a different tone between very dark grey and smoked black..
Just to break the mould,to differ from the obvious black museum...

Regarding chocolate /dark brow , i love the Parisian brown and its variation on the same theme....The marbled effect is beautiful and give more volume than the dark oak for example...
I'm also tempted by the Treacle finish to offer a different tone but i have to see them de visu before buying a pair...
I'm also thinking of the Testa de moro finish ,quite dark and with a bit of steel in it...Interesting....

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MokshVanity