• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PAOLO LASTRUCCI??? any good?

butkusrules

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with PAOLO LASTRUCCI? Some guy is selling them on ebay for about $500 w/Zegna fabric.

rengler22

Reaction score
holy thread resurrection. just wanted to make sure no one has ever had any experience with ^

Chim12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butkusrules
Anybody have any experience with PAOLO LASTRUCCI? Some guy is selling them on ebay for about $500 w/Zegna fabric.

This is the only post with this manufacturer(?), has anyone heard of this brand, level of quality?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably a made up Italian name.

Is the suit made in Italy or designed in Italy?

Do you have the link to the Ebay sale?

I have a feeling that they are equal to Giuseppe Linguinne suits in quality.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

In fairness the one ebay seller I am aware of is superiordealsonly aka ModaInStyle.com (also has a non ebay online store of the same name)who has a very good reputation. I personally purchased a Corneliani suit from him a couple years back after good feedback from some Corneliani fans on SF and AAAC.

Good service, called me to clarify a detail with the order (I placed on the non ebay site). Italian/American company from what I can tell, offices in both countries. The guy I spoke to had an Italian accent but calling from the US.

He does inflate the MSRP a bit too much. For example he claimed the Corneliani was msrp of $2700 when closer to $1600 is more accurate.

I recall older threads abot the company having a house brand that was Zegna fabric and half canvas, not sure if this Paolo Lastrucci is part of that strategy or not.

Hope this helps, I am curious too but the price is a bit high when you factor in the unknown brand/construction.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Anthony

In fairness the one ebay seller I am aware of is superiordealsonly aka ModaInStyle.com (also has a non ebay online store of the same name)who has a very good reputation. I personally purchased a Corneliani suit from him a couple years back after good feedback from some Corneliani fans on SF and AAAC.

Too bad he no longer sells them.

blix993

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

Hi there,

I did google the name Paolo lastrucci and I saw that an old discussion where made here, just because I wanted a new suit and sometimes I purchase at modainstyle .com.

I talked to the guy called Max which is italian and is living in florida where he told me the US base company is located, and the italian one is in northern italy

don't know if it's true or not but he told me that all their products are made in italy , and not designed with some italian similar names and produced anywhere but italy.

I'm living in sweden and it is quite difficult to get nice suits at decent prices, all brand are very expensive, so I was thinking about an Paolo lastrucci with Ermenegildo Zegna cloth: http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-ZEGNA-CLOTH-...item1e5d1b342a

what do you think about it?? i like it i did also found them on internet
http://www.paololastrucci82.it/

will tell you if I buy it..

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're in Sweden then won't you pay VAT and maybe even duty to import it?

blix993

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
If you're in Sweden then won't you pay VAT and maybe even duty to import it?

don't think so, it is within the european comunity, the items are located in bologna it says, so there should not been this problem as far as I know, that last time I bought it it came without any duty on it !! lucky ? or does it works like this in EU??

blix993

Reaction score
So it's not coming from Florida?

no! it is coming from italy and that makes me even more comfortable that they are 100% made in italy.

I have also seen the factory on google earth if this can be of any interest.

blix993

Reaction score
So it's not coming from Florida?

Hello guys, did buy 2 suits from those guys at modainstyle.com , one very nice Zegna cloth
"http://www.modainstyle.com/store/in...y-lastrucci-3-button-navy-blue-pinstripe.html"
and one metamoda
"http://www.modainstyle.com/store/in...button-solid-black-100-wool-italian-suit.html"

Superb service and fast delivery, asking you one thing guys.

They told me that there is a difference between made in Italy and Entirely made in Italy, if i got it right they told me that made in italy , it means that it can have been produced abroad and then finished in italy, while in the other way all step of the productions are italian and also the cloth.

Do you have the same informations??? just wondering, if this is true it means that a lot of made in Italy things are only finished in italy??

but the suits are really nice , my tailor said that they are really good finished with iimportant details in the construction.

So just to say I'm very happy with my purchase, it seems really good italian stile and quality and it fits me perfect.

looking forward to your comments.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone have any experience with this company Modainstyle?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics