• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oversized Hoodie Help

RobertoC

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post lol.
I need your help.
One month i bought an hoodie from the brand “Octopus” and I ordered an M size.
As you can see from the picture it fits good, normal. But I want an oversize look on an hoodie. What size should I go for the next hoodie?
2CCEFBC0-78E4-4D65-B72F-298443EC9A0D.jpeg

grayfox

Reaction score
It looks like a pretty slim hoodie so you should definitely look for a boxier cut, and most likely size up. If you size up on a slimmer cut hoodie it's going to just look too long.

Try on a champion reverse weave in M and L and see how it is. It has a boxier more 90's cut to it

RobertoC

Reaction score
It looks like a pretty slim hoodie so you should definitely look for a boxier cut, and most likely size up. If you size up on a slimmer cut hoodie it's going to just look too long.

Try on a champion reverse weave in M and L and see how it is. It has a boxier more 90's cut to it
So size up with an L ‘ll not have an oversized shape? I ask cause I like the brand.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As Grayfox mentioned, if you size up, the hoodie will be too long. You need a different shape in the cut for it to look properly oversized. It has to be shorter and boxier. Sizing up in that specific hoodie will not give you a pleasing silhouette.

RobertoC

Reaction score
As Grayfox mentioned, if you size up, the hoodie will be too long. You need a different shape in the cut for it to look properly oversized. It has to be shorter and boxier. Sizing up in that specific hoodie will not give you a pleasing silhouette.
What brand do you suggest for a boxier/oversized hoodie?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Can I ask you how you know that the hoodie I wear in the pic isn't boxy?

There's a ******* picture? stop bumbing your thread you dumbass.

Contemporary hoodies: often streamlined and slim fitting
Older gym style hoodies: often baggier.

Anything can be oversized byut older hoodies tend to work better.

RobertoC

Reaction score
There's a ******* picture? stop bumbing your thread you dumbass.

Contemporary hoodies: often streamlined and slim fitting
Older gym style hoodies: often baggier.

Anything can be oversized byut older hoodies tend to work better.
Yes the pic is in the first post you maggot.
These people are so blind..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads