• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overhyped beauties

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to invert the previous topic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some women out there whom everyone else agrees is beautiful, yet for some reason, you just don't find that attractive.

My list:

Lindsay Lohan: Just don't understand it at all. I don't think I will ever fathom her appeal at all. Yes, she does have some ample assests, but the freckles just turn me off.

Intesesting sidenote: Aaron Carter, little brother of Nick of backdoor fame, dated her and Hillary Duff at the same time and then dumped both of them.

MILF from American Pie: I was expecting a gorgeous older woman. Did anybody find her attractive, a real MILF? She looks like she might have been hotter when she was younger, before she got so big.

Mike

Reaction score
Frankly, and I know I might get some crap for this one, but I cannot stand Pamela Anderson anymore. It seems that everyone is gushing over her all over again, since she "authored" a book. Actually, she made it quite clear that it was heavily ghostwritten but that isn't stopping TV hosts like Jay Leno from fawning her when she comes on their show. She is so played out, yet everyone seems to think she is the most beautiful girl in the world. Maybe she was, 10 or 12 years ago when "Baywatch" was on, but since then there's been thousands of other silicone injected blondes that have reached stardom, who I think are even hotter than she ever was.

Also, Paris Hilton. I think she looks more like a praying mantis than hot. She has no real figure, look grossly underweight and anorexic, and frequently dresses like gutter trash. That doesn't stop people from acting like she's God's gift to the world. I've seen girls walking the street with more class and looks than her. Can you imagine the board of directors of Hilton hotels when she steps up to take over? I predict many of them will step down, than be told what to do by the star of "The Simple Life" and "A Night In Paris"

(As an aside, please excuse my hijacking, but it appears that Paris's grandfather knew his son and grandchildren were **** ups. According to Donald Trump's book "The Art Of The Deal," Conrad Hilton put in his will that his son, Barron, would only inherit a small number of token stocks and he put only $10,000 in trust funds for his grandchildren. The majority of the rest was left to charity done by nuns in California. There is a law that limits charitable foundations to owning only 20 percent of a publicly traded company. Seems old Conrad knew what was comming. )

banksmiranda

Reaction score
I agree on Pamela Anderson. Â I do not find Paris Hilton to be attractive. Â Her sis Nicky pulled a Britney: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html Also on my list of overrated actresses: Julia Roberts Meryl Streep (most overrated of all time?) Cameron Diaz Nicole Kidman Renee Zellweger Halle Berry Jennifer Aniston Angelina Jolie Gwyneth Paltrow Jennifer Connelly Julia Stiles Reese Witherspoon Keira Knightley overrated males: Brad Pitt Orlando Bloom(extremely overrated) Ben Affleck/Matt Damon Aussies in general underappreciated males: Bill Murray Liam Neeson Bruce Willis Sean Penn Kevin Spacey Hugh Grant Colin Firth Ving Rhames

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree on Pamela Anderson. I do not find Paris Hilton to be attractive. Her sis Nicky pulled a Britney: http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html
I guess Conrad was right: they are ****-ups. So, she got drunk and married a man 13 years her senior (at 2:30 a.m. no less...I wonder what they wore...), not to mention she is only 20 years old. At least I can understand Britney's excuse: she was born in relative poverty and was suddenly thrown into a world she knew not, with millions of dollars at her command and people trying to take advantage at every corner. Thus, she was quite overwhelmed and stupid decisions ensued, her situation I can comprehend. But, the Hiltons grew up in a world of noblesse oblige, with all the possibility of education and stately manners that go along with such "˜status', but instead they act like hicks that just won the lottery; it is simply bad upbringing. And to quote Bill Maher (regarding that other bastion of the Hiltons): "All right, New Rule: You can't be famous for nothing. Paris Hilton can't be in the papers anymore unless she kills someone, marries J-Lo or O.D.'s. Also, her head is too small and she has only one facial expression. I know that's not a rule but somebody had to say it." Jon.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the hiltons thing is just an embarrassment caused by the public's desperation for aristocracy. actually i think maybe it's the public's desire to see their downfall, but it just hasn't happened yet. perhaps the hilton sisters know they are being set up, and to a certain extent are co-opting the inevitable by being deliberately trashy.

pamela anderson i find charming. she's getting older, what do you expect in the looks department. i think she could be a future sophia loren. at least she has some business sense.

i can't understand lumping meryl streep in with the rest of those girls. i agree maybe her appeal is not universal, but in my opinion, mostly her high regard is justified.

renee zellweiger and gwyneth paltrow have brilliant futures, if they want to claim them.

conversely i would place hugh grant on the overrated list. or at least the 'one trick pony' list. he basically has one expression. (or maybe it's the fact that he's become typecast as a 'chick flick' actor.)

alaaro

Reaction score
I'll agree with that also. Pam Anderson is just way overdone. Yeah you have big boobs. Whooptee doo. I feel the same way about Carmen Electra too.

Paris is just a waste. I am so sick of her already. She looks anorexic and she's dumb as a box of rocks. She only is in the news because she's got a lot of daddy's money and she whores herself around all the time. Plus did anyone see her video from the internet? Yeah I bet shes a lot of fun to sleep with. Paying more attention to the camera and her cell phone than her boyfriend.

Nicky is so much hotter than Paris, but it looks like she is falling in line with Paris, brains-wise. I'm sure this marriage will be anulled very soon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll agree with that also. Pam Anderson is just way overdone. Yeah you have big boobs. Whooptee doo. I feel the same way about Carmen Electra too.

Paris is just a waste. I am so sick of her already. She looks anorexic and she's dumb as a box of rocks. She only is in the news because she's got a lot of daddy's money and she whores herself around all the time. Plus did anyone see her video from the internet? Yeah I bet shes a lot of fun to sleep with. Paying more attention to the camera and her cell phone than her boyfriend.

Nicky is so much hotter than Paris, but it looks like she is falling in line with Paris, brains-wise. I'm sure this marriage will be anulled very soon.
And I thought Jessica Simpson was dumb, but these two sisters seem hell-bent on showing the world that they are the queen(s) of the marsupials (I rather not use the word marsupial, since I would never make fun of people with disabilities, but no other word presently comes to mind that describes the Hilton sisters).

Jon.

alaaro

Reaction score
Oh I agree with that too. I didnt think you could get stupider than Jessica. Then Ashlee came along... Regardless, both are a pleasure to look at.
wink.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gold-medal winner (or rather co-winners) in this category for me are the Olsen twins.  Not only are they quite average looking, in comparison with their contemporaries who possess a modicum of talent (Britney, Jessica, Lindsay, et al.), they apparently can do nothing other than play themselves in straight-to-store videos.

Paris Hilton is a close second.  If her last name was Smith, no one would consider her particularly attractive -- ******** are too big for her face, which is always shiny.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i first saw anna nicole smith in the georges marciano / guess ads, i thought she was the second coming of marilyn monroe. i wanted so much for her to be all-around fantastic. even her playboy spread was skillet-hot, to me.

it was the biggest of letdowns to find out what she was really like. her show was just depressing.

/andrew - still in love with marilyn monroe

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
renee zellweiger and gwyneth paltrow have brilliant futures, if they want to claim them.

A friend of mine worked with her in a restaurant (they were both waitresses at the time) in Texas long before Jerry Maguire. Apparently, contrary to the "nice girl" image she cultivates on and offscreen, she was a queen b*tch. I don't care. That movie still made me cry - one of the few movies acceptable for a man to cry during, imo.

vero_group

Reaction score
All celebrities are overrated. The degree to which our society worships them and hands them its money for escapist "entertainment" is truly sad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads