• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our Legacy

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the hemp/cotton shirt from Mr Porter, and it's really nice. Was surprised that the fit wasn't as boxy as people make it out to be.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Is there a list of stockists that sell OL in the USA, more specifically New York?

blake3030

Reaction score

Also interested in info on their shoes.

Anyone handled the side zips?
General impression, quality, sizing?

Thanks

Don't own a pair (got a pair on the way) but I read somewhere they're made by Sanders (same as McNairy). If so, I think they usually fit true to size. Some other would argue you should size down a half. Quality is good, but not great.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty sure shoes are by Sanders.

As for shipping time their webstore took 8 days and like 20 days to ship my sale orders in the fall. At 60% off I'm happy to wait

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the wholecuts from tresbien. ******* great! Suede on the tongue is very thin because its not backed, but they are great shoes. Got tons of compliments yesterday. Went TTS, definitely a little big especially after they stretch out. Kinda wish I could've tried on a half size down. Normally a 10.5 us went with a 9.5uk, room in toebox, would probably want insoles if I was going to wear barefoot, but with socks these will be fine.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
anyone having or knowing where to find the 1940's chambray button down in size large/50 get at me please.

Neighbour

Reaction score
Hey SF,

Our Summer Sale has been extended with discounts up to 50% off. We have included a couple of new collections to the sale as well, along with further and final discounts on all other Spring-Summer collections including Our Legacy. Quantities are limited but feel free to send us a direct message or email at [email protected]. You can also reach me personally at [email protected].

Thanks,

Saager

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do all of the First shirts generally fit the same? I currently only own the Sakura First shirt from the splash collection and had to size up to a large from my normal medium, is it safe to say that any of the other First shirts (in particular the Stitched Linum) would also be a large for me?

null0x

Reaction score
My experience with the checked first shirts from this and the previous season is that they fit a little loose through the chest and body but slim in the sleeves. I've seen measurements vary from piece to piece (and from store to store) though..

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
I have a 1940's chambray button down shirt sz 48/M brand new if anyone is interested. I know its been sold out for a bit.....

ts18

Reaction score
Here is a story for you guys why better to get our legacy via TBS then Our legacy.
I have heard some members having bad experience from getting stuff form ol online store before
and I also sent them like 5 emails asking whether they will restock some items, but none of them got reply.
However, it still didn't stop me from stopping stuff of them since you won't expect **** happens on you right?

I really want to buy the irregular jacket before, the colour is darker than usual jeans jacket and the light weight of the material makes it an ideal piece for layering. However, there is not much store having them in xs.
I was planning to get it from tbs before, loving for their fast shipment and great communication between customers ,so import tax could be saved(******* Canadian custom) , but someone bought it before i did.

So when I see there is one in our legacy site left in 40%off. I just grabbed it without thinking too much.
After waiting for a weak(unexpectedly fast), I got it today.

I was very happy and I actually waited @ the FedEx guy to come without going to lectures.......

i did not realized I got the wrong jacket before since I was just too happy until few hours has been passed.
But when I got it, the jacket is a bit wet, maybe the hot weather outside(Toronto).

Just sent ol en email and hope them not going to ignore me one more time, if yes, I will be really really pissed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads