1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. APK

APK Senior member

I've got that jacket coming today or tomorrow. Little concerned about sizing, since measurements on it seem to vary from vendor to vendor and I already tend to be in between sizes, anyway. I'll post my thoughts on it after it arrives.

2. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I don't think it fits like this irl.

Guy looks like he's pretty tall (above 180 cm), very narrow forward sloping shoulders and wide hips. You can easily see that his hips are about the same width as his shoulder or even wider, and that he's got pretty bad posture. His arms look thin too.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. APK

APK Senior member

Got it tonight. It's the navy version, not the one pictured above, but I'll share some thoughts anyway.

- Fits true to size. I have a 41-inch chest and ordered the 52, but think a 50 would probably look better because the shoulders are a bit too big for me. The 50 has a chest of 42.5", which would probably be JUST enough room for what I'm comfortable with.
    - Based on some of the pictures, I was expecting the fabric to be a little stiffer. It's no flimsy, but there's more give to it than I expected. The fabric blend seems kind of warm for a blazer, but it is a touch scratchy. Not unbearably so, but it's not a smooth hand.
    - I'm sending the 52 back, but will likely grab the 50, since it more or less fits the bill of what I was looking for (an EG-like blazer without the bizarre proportions).

4. death shot

death shot Senior member

Pics when you get the new size? :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. APK

APK Senior member

You bet.

6. afc345

afc345 Senior member

The black patent slippers are back on the ol site. Cool as hell

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

I want those fuckers so bad...

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I have both colorways of the single cardigan...differeny materials in both so they actually have quite different textures/feeling. I got the grey one new for like $100 and the burgundy one for $180ish, both very worth it. Super comfortable and I'm impressed with OL stuff once again

edit: figure I should add more for those who are wondering.

1. the burgundy is 64 alpaca, 28 linen, 8 wool and it's lighter than the grey one, although softer. The knit is tighter and a bit thinner, but the colour is great, very rich. Unfortunately it is pilling after a few wears (but I wore it pretty much all day, when I was out and when I was lounging at home) in high friction spots, really only the underside of forearm where it runs against itself, but nothing a quick run through from one of those depiller thingies doesn't fix.

2. the grey is 50% merino 50% alpaca, noticeably heavier, somewhat chunky knit. It has some almost silvery parts in the knit too, which I thought was pretty cool. Haven't worn it yet except to try on but it's definitely more substantial and pretty soft.

Both have horn buttons and both are kinda hairy, if you have ever handled alpaca you know

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Anybody tried on the flecked three-button rolling blazer? Kinda wondering about sizing, how the shoulders (which I think are constructed?) work out, and what the fabric's like.

I tried on the constellation blazer from last season, and I liked it but the fit was :uhoh: on me; gapping at the collar and chest, but somehow pulling when buttoned. Damn shame, too; it was pretty nice otherwise. :confused:

10. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Any sales coming up?

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

OL web shop should start soon as well as TBS. End had a code but it's customs guaranteed

I'm gonna get it once TBS is 30% off if the pants from Mr. Porter fit me. Getting the rolling 3 button from Porter as well but OL suiting is hard to size

Also did Barneys not buy OL this season?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  12. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

13. fishbones

fishbones Senior member

14. beans718

beans718 Senior member

anyone know the fit on the dinner shirt? havent seen that mentioned here

15. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Are there any Canadians that have bought from the OL store and have experience with taxes/duties. Sorry to post about this, but I figure you guys will know best. I tried to search through this thread for info on the topic, but I couldn't find anything.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

They ship Fedex or at least when I ordered last f/w didn't order this s/s

They also take like 5 days to actually ship

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

Has anybody tried on the HEAVY KNITTED ROUND NECK BONE / CHARCOAL this season? Wondering what size I would be if I was a SMALL in SNS herning / GBV and a medium in BoO. Can I get away with a MEDIUM or would I be a small? Knit seems kind of short.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  18. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

19. worakl

worakl Senior member

They do 60% eventually.

20. irbe

irbe Senior member

Nobody has tried on this knit that can give some insight pls and thank you.