• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

asaa1000

Reaction score
Picked up a New Yorker recently and it’s probably the shape is just perfect, have been living in it since. Does Orslow do a winter version of the pants? I’ve seen a fleece version but not a big fan. What about a cargo version with the same shape? Cheers.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Picked up a New Yorker recently and it’s probably the shape is just perfect, have been living in it since. Does Orslow do a winter version of the pants? I’ve seen a fleece version but not a big fan. What about a cargo version with the same shape? Cheers.
I think the easy cargos are actually relatively similar tbh!

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Orslow has different versions of their pants, depending on the retailer. Bureau Belfast does the Mill Pant, which is pretty similar to the New Yorker. I have a pair in a midweight chino. Frans Boone also has some interesting options.

Racing Green

Reaction score
The New Yorker is pretty much the perfect pant IMO. Peggs have a fairly heavy herringbone and the likes of the Bureau/Kafka/Frans Boone will often have their own make ups too.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Yep, perfect. I've got a tan twill from BB and am looking forward to my next pair, maybe in a winter cord. Do not size down despite the measurements.
Can you expand on what you mean about sizing down? Was thinking about getting one of the corduroys next time they're available

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you expand on what you mean about sizing down? Was thinking about getting one of the corduroys next time they're available
They are loose in the top block and have very generous thigh measurements, plus an elastic waist, so almost anyone could size down, but I think they're meant to be worn in a very casual way. Of course you can wear whatever size you want. For reference I'm a 33 waist and wear size 3 in all Orslow pants.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
They are loose in the top block and have very generous thigh measurements, plus an elastic waist, so almost anyone could size down, but I think they're meant to be worn in a very casual way. Of course you can wear whatever size you want. For reference I'm a 33 waist and wear size 3 in all Orslow pants.
Oh word I thought you meant specifically with the cord ones! I'm about a 32-33 as well actually I hover between a 2 and 3 for all their pants. Although I have the charcoal flannel French pants from last fall and has to go down to a 1 those fit crazy

leephil

Reaction score
Anyone pickup the New Yorkers in Indigo flannel from the latest drop? Kafka mercantile recommends sizing down from your usual NYer size. Wondering if that's the right advice

havensk

Reaction score
Does Orslow do a denim with a fit similar to the New Yorker, I believe the 105/107s are slimmer. Or does anyone else?
Are you saying the 105/107 are slimmer than the new yorkers? The new yorkers taper quite a bit past the knee, but with a nice loose top block. Maybe you could get the painter denim and taper them but I dunno about all that.

+1 with everybody else though, my charcoal new yorkers are in heavy almost daily rotation lately. On sizing I went with my usual orslow size 4 but always best to ask for measurements. My ecru coverall is a sz 3 and still pretty oversized. Some orslow items are whacky like that.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads