• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Pure Blue Japan Jeans?

usctrojan99

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a pair, and saw a couple that I liked. I was checking to see if there are any individuals (who have owned this pair of jeans) that can provide insight on their experiences with thee jeans. I like relaxed fit jeans. Thanks!

tljenkin

Reaction score
You'll be looking at the 003's or 006's. The 005 is extremely tight. Do you like a lot (and I mean a ton) of irregularities and slub in your denim? A dark color? If so, go for the 3's. If you want a lighter color, normal fade and faster gratification, go for the 006. They're a great brand and a great value. Get them through Blueingreensoho.com

usctrojan99

Reaction score
Thanks Tljenkin,
I was actually checking the 006's. I like the lighter color.

btw: What do you mean by slub?

gracian

Reaction score
I've been thinking about a pair too. I heard they run small and to size 1 in up. Can anyone speak about sizing?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gracian
I've been thinking about a pair too. I heard they run small and to size 1 in up. Can anyone speak about sizing?

Unless you're getting the 005, get your true to size. I wouldn't size up unless going for the 005s.

Dexstar

Reaction score
for the 005 i bought my normal size and they fit perfect

the thing i like about these jeans is that they give you slub, but also a pair that will fade... as opposed to oni which seem to never fade

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexstar
for the 005 i bought my normal size and they fit perfect the thing i like about these jeans is that they give you slub, but also a pair that will fade... as opposed to oni which seem to never fade
The slub also gives a really great fade pattern, unique to the PBJs.

macaque

Reaction score
not really related, but i picked up a pair of their houndstooth denim at their soho store. the patterning looks black but is actually a really dark indigo. great fit too. the fabric on their gingham workshirts is fabulous as well. looks black, but again, is dark indigo.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I <3 PBJ. I fall more and more in love with the denim every day, as it fades. I'd go for the 003s, the slubby denim is the reason to get PBJs in the first place.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
to play a bit of devil's advocate, I was really jonesing for a pair of 005s until I went to BiG and saw them in real life and was not into the slubbiness, which is the reason for them being so popular. It was too burlap-y and rough for my taste.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
to play a bit of devil's advocate, I was really jonesing for a pair of 005s until I went to BiG and saw them in real life and was not into the slubbiness, which is the reason for them being so popular. It was too burlap-y and rough for my taste.

Yeah, I think the reason to buy PBJs is for the really slubby denim. usctrojan99, If you're not into the Pure Blue denim, there are plenty of other Japanese brands that offer a wider array of relaxed-fit jeans than just the one cut Pure Blue offer--Samurai comes to mind immediately, for example.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dexstar

Reaction score
i think the 006 is beautiful too.. after wear that is

looking at pics of faded 006 make me want a pair... but in the 005 fit

they also have the 007 which has indigo dyed weft and warp... beautiful color.. not to mention no contrast stitching...

imo pbj holds their own in the market... they may not exactly be innovative (i.e. slub/oni and 007/45rpm nandoxnando) but they make their own twists on things not seen in the japanese market...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am with GS as they are way too slubby for me. Also they seem to tight around the thighs near the crotch area for my tastes on many people. I dont kno how they would fit on me after a wash but im not really into em nontheless...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads