1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nycguy, Jun 13, 2006.

1. nycguy

nycguy Member

What do you guys think of the Cordovan Collection from Brooks Brothers? I'm thinking about getting the burgundy cordovan wingtip from that line tomorrow, but would like some opinions beforehand. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

Nice looking shoes. I'm not that keen on the oversize lace eyelets, but overall, I'd give them about an 8.

3. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I own that shoe and enjoy it. The eyelets aren't as noticeable in person as they are in the photo. Plus, I kinda like 'em...

4. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Are those eyelets oversized, or simply reinforced? What's the story with reinforced eyelets anyway? They're not very common, are they?

Anyway, the shoes look good if you like the eyelets.

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

Made by Alden. Fine shoes.

You might wait until one of Brooks' 25% off sales. Although the cordovan shoes are supposed to be excluded, salesmen frequently bend the rules.

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I am not too crazy about the exposed metal eyelet reinforcements, otherwise, good looking shoes.

7. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I am not too crazy about the exposed metal eyelet reinforcements, otherwise, good looking shoes.

C'mon - it's a classic American style. Very '30s. I wouldn't want it for all my shoes, but I kind of like it with these!

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I really like those! simple, nothing out of the ordinary, but so classic with no frills. I'd definitely get a pair, esp since I don't have a cordovan wingtip brogue. Anyone know when the next BB sale is? (I'd assume pretty soon or even now, since everyone else seems to be having sales)

9. metaphysician

metaphysician Senior member

Anyone know when the next BB sale is? (I'd assume pretty soon or even now, since everyone else seems to be having sales)

It's going on right now.

10. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

If you have narrow feet, The D fitting Barrie last in an abomination. Even sliding down to an American C didnt provide a good fit. The styling is decent, but if you into similar sizing problems, Crockett and Jones or Carmina (limited experience with the latter) would be a better choice.