• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Sauce, very, very nice.
Thanks, man. I couldn't figure out what to wear underneath that l/s striped shirt/very light sweater thing, and settled for a white t-shirt. I'm fine with the choice, I think it works, but it feels uninspired... any suggestions?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Thanks, man. I couldn't figure out what to wear underneath that l/s striped shirt/very light sweater thing, and settled for a white t-shirt. I'm fine with the choice, I think it works, but it feels uninspired... any suggestions?
Something Brown?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ludeykrus, IMO the "dress" shirt is too fitted. I don't think the shirttails in front should split like that. Sleeves could be a little shorter, as well. The first shirt looks better, although I wouldn't call that loose.

I have a totally different body type than you, so take my advice FWIW.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks shoreman. I definitely made an accidental taper on the "dress" shirt (dress being used loosely...while not a dress shirt, I use this cut on any shirts I may wear to work) that needs to be corrected. Never noticed it since it's usually tucked in. This shirt's fit is the one I'm worried about. It FEELS like it fits great, but I'm thinking it may be cutting the border of 'too slim' What I'm wondering is just how much more room I would need....how's the upper block? Arms?

The first darker shirt fits like a "normal" good-fitting shirt to everyone else. I didn't take much out of it at all, it was an off-the-rack small. I may be slimmer than you think, but maybe not; hence, my questions.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ludeykrus
the first "work" shirt fit looks pretty nice, really slim imo, but work with your look and body type. The dress shirt really shoudlnt be slimmer than that either imo.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
ludeykrus
the first "work" shirt fit looks pretty nice, really slim imo, but work with your look and body type. The dress shirt really shoudlnt be slimmer than that either imo.

What he said. In this case, your belt can give your waist shape; your shirt doesn't need to.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely day in Philly... wouldn't need the trench at all if it wasn't for the rain.

H&M trench
Zara shirt
some random t-shirt
APC NS
Chucks (leather, mono black)

Fierce.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I think the white tee is the perfect choice in this case. Maybe a red scarf to play off the blue/black/white?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Well, I think the white tee is the perfect choice in this case. Maybe a red scarf to play off the blue/black/white?

It's actually too warm for a scarf, amazingly. Not that I'm complaining. But yeah, a splash of color would be nice.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
92622637.jpg

92622630.jpg

J. Lindeberg
LVC 47 501
Crockett and Jones "Coniston"
Jean Pascal pour Homme

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Well, I think the white tee is the perfect choice in this case.

What he said. I don't buy into the "white is underwear" bit. Or maybe I do, but that's exactly why you're wearing it--because it's underwear. White is nonchalantly understatedly casually the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads