• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack Stephen
i feel the only way to satisfy anyone on here is with 3 piece suits from labels i never heard of. or just labels i never heard of.

But thats fine i like the way all of you dress for the most part. I just think it starts to get a little ignorant in here sometimes which is fine because plain is boring and this is a site for criticism.

I thought it was a great fit and said so.

However there is a lot of merit to the brands that get adored on here. Cache is a big part; you're unlikely to run in to people wearing the same thing and you are in the same company as (generally) more discerning people. There are practical considerations too - these brands tend to be much better quality and have better customer service. They also have good resale value.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Staff Dinner Black/Grey/White/Black/Black/Rafpack
photo63bw6.jpg
photo67df4.jpg

Jack Stephen

Reaction score
ill learn as i go. And i do appreciate any comments more so the positive ones (magician) and i do look for quality when i'm purchasing as well as fit.

Cheers! and lets keep the thread going!

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
sorry man but i think your thighs are too big for those TFDBCS

yeah i started doing squats again about six months ago and that was one of the results.
eh.gif
now i'm trying to find a pair of RRL black slim selvedges at a deep discount. i tried them on at barneys last weekend and loved 'em.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halifamous
Staff Dinner
Black/Grey/White/Black/Black/Rafpack
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3918/photo63bw6.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3130/photo67df4.jpg[IMG][/I]

Damn those are some skinny pants.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Damn those are some skinny pants.
Those are fairly relaxed in my book, almost a slim/regular fit. They wouldn't be considered skinny in LA/NY.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
Which Sams are these? I wish I was skinny enough to get a taper that small at the bottom.

thanks for all the comments everyone!

they're the s710xx. I dont know if it's because theyre lot 10, but I'd prefer if they were an inch or two looser in the waist. they're not really tapered much though, they're just a straight cut that's too small for me

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
School today. Upcoming exams+photoshoot for big political campaign this weekend=stress.

E82G7392.jpg

• Bad posture.
  • Sweatshirt still doesn't feel slim enough. It's also a bit long on me. Worth getting tailored if I'll wear it a lot?
  • What's up with that vertical crease on my jeans? Is that just from them stretching out too much or me standing oddly, or what? Does it look bad?
  • What do you guys think of the shoes in terms of how they work with they work in the fit? Better than my clunky NB's?

E82G7379.jpg

Details on the new shoes.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
DSCN3320.jpg

You might have to save that harrington for pants with a higher rise than those jeans. Doesn't look right that the jacket skirt doesn't even reach down to the top of the jeans.

Originally Posted by Jack Stephen
GEDC2392.jpg

i feel the only way to satisfy anyone on here is with 3 piece suits from labels i never heard of. or just labels i never heard of. But thats fine i like the way all of you dress for the most part. I just think it starts to get a little ignorant in here sometimes which is fine because plain is boring and this is a site for criticism.

Half your post doesn't make sense to me - when was the last time you saw someone in a 3 piece suit in this thread? "I think it starts to get a little ignorant in here sometimes which is fine because plain is boring and this is a site for criticism" - what?
Anyways, light brown leather jacket with a black leather tie is a combination I would be surprised to see look good, no exception here.

Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
n8900408_33096769_8301.jpg

vintage tie & jacket, thrifted brogues, h&m shirt, TFDBCs.

Sorry to say, this isn't looking good. Jeans are too tight for your shape, tie knot is too big, tie contrasts too much with the rest (only time i've ever seen white ties look good is the traditional 'white tie' a la MC), glasses don't compliment any of it. Jacket and shoes look like nice pieces though.

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
[*]What do you guys think of the shoes in terms of how they work with they work in the fit? Better than my clunky NB's?
[/list]

I would look for a pair of derbies or bluchers. Balmorals are dress shoes and you're wearing jeans and a natty sweatshirt.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wmmk I like the shoes, and their tone meshes well with the jeans, but the shoes suggest way more severity/stoicism than the sweater does. In fact, I'd swap out the shoes for something more simplistic and understated, like non-brogued laceups. As for the sweater, there seems to be a great deal of fabric around the chest, which would account for the bunching/bagginess when you drop your arms by your side. I'm sure that, if you posted a pic with the arms stretched side-to-side, we'd get something like this:
p261238-Minneapolis_MN-Dressing_up_in_Mexican_clothes_at_Pepitos.jpg
. Tailoring will accomplish a good amount in terms of slimming the sides, but there is not much you can do about the chest size (pit-to-pit), which the tailor cannot fix, along with the shoulders. Think flying squirrel after a bad traffic accident. And I ******* love plain sweaters, especially after seeing what JPGM could do with them.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
I would look for a pair of derbies or bluchers. Balmorals are dress shoes and you're wearing jeans and a natty sweatshirt.
I see. These actually have rubber soles and no heels, and I got them at Urban Outfitters. I guess I figured that considering all of those things, they weren't too formal, but I could be wrong.
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
wmmk I like the shoes, and their tone meshes well with the jeans, but the shoes suggest way more severity/stoicism than the sweater does. In fact, I'd swap out the shoes for something more simplistic and understated, like non-brogued laceups.
Interesting. I'd always thought of the brogued wingtip as a "country shoe,"and thus less formal that non-brogued laceups. Might the pointiness of the shoes be what makes them seem severe?

As for the sweater, there seems to be a great deal of fabric around the chest, which would account for the bunching/bagginess when you drop your arms by your side. I'm sure that, if you posted a pic with the arms stretched side-to-side, we'd get something like this:

Tailoring will accomplish a good amount in terms of slimming the sides, but there is not much you can do about the chest size (pit-to-pit), which the tailor cannot fix, along with the shoulders. Think flying squirrel after a bad traffic accident.

And I ******* love plain sweaters, especially after seeing what JPGM could do with them.
Hmm. I actually originally bought the sweatshirt to wear over buttondowns. Does this look any better? Why exactly couldn't the chest/shoulders be taken in, though?

Anyway, I'm just bummed out that this doesn't fit better since it's a small from Urban Outfitters (I really need to stop buying shite from there) and it was described as "slim fit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads