• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatet
New Balance shoes will never look good with skinny jeans
-1, the NB's are a more interesting alternative to the formulaic choices like Chucks and wingtips. I like the nerd factor NB's bring to the look, stylish without being overly vain or narcissistic.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
-1, the NB's are a more interesting alternative to the formulaic choices like Chucks and wingtips. I like the nerd factor NB's bring to the look, stylish without being overly vain or narcissistic.

Interesting. As a high school kid, I would probably consider wingtips more nerdy/less formulaic (even a lot of the stereotypical jock kids wear some sort of vintage-y athletic shoes), but I definitely hear you. I suppose I'll keep the NB's in the rotation even after I get the wingtips.

Pylon

Reaction score
Alright, I'm still coming back after my first two attempts at sharing what I sadly cloth myself in. I'm ready for plenty more criticism.
tounge.gif

pylon03jan2009ss9.gif

Sweater - RL Rugby
Shirt - BR
Jeans - Nudie
Watch - Skagen
Footwear - Converse

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with the NBs, they just don't work with those NCs (?). The stacking is distorted, and the tightness around the knee gives the bottom half of his legs an odd pyramid-like silhouette.

If he was wearing RWs or Aldens or any of the other chunkier shoes that are accepted here, it would look just as awkward.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very true. Maybe it's the emo in me but I love NB's or Saucony's with skinny jeans.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img0611nt3.jpg

img0610am4.jpg

These are new cures in size 28. The fit on these is about a 7 out of 10. They are a bit too tight in the thighs and a bit too tapered. Critique the fit? Should i go for a 27 in NS's next time?
Hoodie: UO
Tee: Old Navy, bitches.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking great

Originally Posted by MiniW
I know I won't have time to post more fits since school starts up again next week, so here's today.

Library-393.jpg

dior jacket
apc nc (these are pretty much brand new so I apologize for that)

Library-397.jpg

alden flex welt shoes. copley last

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MiniW, nice work. It's a rare man who can successfully pair a more traditional shoe with jeans, or a casual outfit in general
Originally Posted by Pylon
Sweater - RL Rugby Shirt - BR Jeans - Nudie Watch - Skagen Footwear - Converse
Decent. I'd have worn a barrel cuffed shirt, or at least have adjusted the french cuffs to avoid that bunching. I also reckon you could easily sub in a coloured or gently patterned shirt as it would be neatly offset by the jumper. I liked your first look apart from the trainers, which could have been a little less chunky. The jeans were fine, though similar sized trousers in a different fabric would have been fun
Originally Posted by wmmk
Interesting. The pocket square in the overcoat as well as its lapel roll (I occasionally wear a 6-button peacoat with the lapel rolled from the middle button, but never thought to roll it from the button button) work really. Regarding the bright colors, I'd stick with them. I think that any negative comments on those really just stem from lack of exposure to the very English Savile Row-esque style here on streetwear & denim. Anyways, I like the hair as it is. It fits your slightly retro look and balances your strong jaw line nicely. EDIT: Also, what's that belt? A tie, or just a spare piece of (seersucker?) fabric?
It's a dressing gown belt, which I should probably have returned to its rightful owner a year ago. I got changed for a night out at a friend's place, failed to bring a belt for a pair of trousers I was slimming down a size from, and this quirk was the result. It's also an Astaire tribute. I'm going to remember that fabric idea next time I'm at an alterations tailor... Thanks for the positive comments. I can't help but wear bright colours, so that won't change, have no fear. I was a lot more brashly dressed in the past, relatively speaking, but my psychedelia obsession is now mostly confined to my music tastes.
Originally Posted by wmmk
Today: more studying for exams, bass lesson, mom's birthday. Sorry for the shite photo. Need to get the light that would've been above me fixed and cop one of those wireless camera remotes. Guesswork manual focus+timer doesn't work very well. Anyway, I also cuffed my sweater sleeves to show about 2/5" of shirt. I think that breaks things up nicely enough.
I like this. Maybe it's the choice of colours this time, but the New Balances are less obtrusive and more harmonised here. I wear my jumper sleeves similarly, so I may be biased, but good move nonetheless. Have you considered loafers? I got a sort of offbeat Lanvin-esque vibe from the way your APCs fit and wondered if they might suit - have you seen any of the Lanvin runway pics? By and large, my photos are shot using similar methods, but yours work better than mine. I'd quit apologising if I were you - they get your image across pretty well In Pylon's first link, there's a repost of a fit by ga-vroche a few posts down that perfectly exemplifies the belt tuck I suggested before. It works well for him and doesn't seem too precious. Have a look and then you can decide if I or the other guy was right. I do think it may work better with less fitted trousers, but it's all open to intepretation

frugle

Reaction score
is there anything you can tell me from this picture? an iMac couldn't take a good picture to save it's life...

Just bought these nudies, I have 3 other pairs, but I've always been a baggier jean guy, I bought these a size down in hopes they would stretch to a more normal level... however after wearing them today, the tightness is growing on me... I kind of like the way they look now... any opinions?

This is also the first time I've been able to find my 30-35" size... I was pretty excited (which is why I bought it).

(i know the shirt will not be well accepted... but I like it.)

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
Alright, I'm still coming back after my attempts at sharing what I sadly cloth myself in. I'm ready for plenty more criticism.
tounge.gif

Sweater - RL Rugby
Shirt - BR
Jeans - Nudie
Watch - Skagen
Footwear - Converse

Is that shirt french cuffed? If so, save that for wearing with a suit.

Pylon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Is that shirt french cuffed? If so, save that for wearing with a suit.
Nope -- it's barrel cuff. It's just a casual, no-iron BR button-down. I think it's just the way the unbuttoned cuffs were bunching or whatever around my wrist that makes it look french cuffed at that angle. Definitely not though, hah. That'd be a little weird.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slaani

You've managed to make some cool pieces look very average as an outfit...plus the haircut is extremely contrived for someone whom I'm sure does not worship Fall Out Boy or shop at Hot Topic. Taken individually you could make these pieces work: 1. Gray tee's rarely look good under anything! 2. Never wear a blue shirt with blue jeans unless you’re a master of color. The shirt should be paired with Black jeans or a light blue wash in a slimmer fit (Needs balls though). 3. Jeans fit ok (Average) they work with the sneaks (The sneaks are pretty awful though in a Pac Sun way). 4. Sneakers look like they were designed for a 12 year old. You can throw your money away on better sneaker brands than Ralph; he doesn't need any more money. They may look ok paired with the APC's and a white tee "slacker vibe". 5. Jeep's are cool when they work!. There you go, I'm trying to be more constructive and less belligerent. 6/10

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not really arguing your points....but I like blue with blue done in the most ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads