• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Haha I'm sure whodini appreciates you getting so offended.
She's the defender of my hetero honor.

Originally Posted by Baron
I go out of town a few days and all hell breaks loose. I miss that place a little, but Larchmont is way better. Cute pics. Hope you guys ate at Viet Cafe up the block.
Want to pony up the Larchmont address?

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
This would probably have worked better with trousers.
I think it works fine minus the tie. I like the tie but it looks a bit too classy on you.

It was cloudy the other day in LA.
cimg5005ec3.jpg

cimg5003ir9.jpg

Rokara
RRL
Rokara
J.CrewxTaT for Who

Originally Posted by Get Smart
Whodini only has one true lobster.
Originally Posted by robin
I don't even want to know what that means.
uhoh.gif

cimg5016gk5.jpg

5608picsk7.jpg

Lobster. Brothers.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you, Sauce, and I should just show up to the next SF meet wearing that same damn jacket.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Wait, what? Only if they ARE....

A crease in the seat doesn't necessarily mean they're digging in but it looks like it in a pic.

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
Ha, I should have known....if you had done it there would have been a hopeless, gloomy, Godspeedisque backdrop. He would have looked like the last cat on earth.
Hilarity. You know my photography all too well.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
A crease in the seat doesn't necessarily mean they're digging in but it looks like it in a pic.

first step to diaper rash recovery is acceptance.

admit it, you've been had.

doug, unwed sailor at sunset tavern of all places, the 26th....you in?

totally epic

Reaction score
I dunno...there's too many shows at the end of the month. And I kinda want to "save myself" for Sigur Ros!

Hugo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
last 3 days

Much better in, shall we say, green context
teacha.gif

You look a bit like John Malkovich in Of Mice and Men.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmku
Nah. Just lose the tie, go with more casual shoes, and you'd be fine.

great advice

+1!!!!!

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gmku
Those are some fine looking 501s, though. Proof that you don't have to do the extravagantly priced to achieve nice results.

Yeah, I got them for $18 after the wife bought some (2nd pair was 50% off). I guessed on the size, usually I'm about 31-32 and got a 32-34. Seems close as I don't like huge stacking.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
i appreciate the advice. do you have any recommendations for denim brands that would offer a darker wash? are lighter jeans generally frowned upon?

the only jeans i have right now are banana republic and diesel. i've seen names tossed around here, like APC, 45RPM, Nudies, etc; there are just so many unfamiliar names that it would be nice to know which are the best.

Lighter jeans are not the "styleforum uniform", whatever that is, but I don't personally frown upon them. However, when you're doing a moderately dressed-up jeans look, as a sweater + collar is, a darker jean is desirable. If you try it you'll see what I mean.

As for brands, there is no "best", all have their virtues... if you were looking for the highest quality stuff, you would want to look at the link to self edge up top, as they have some of the high-end denim you're unlikely to find locally.
As an intro to raw jeans, the general consensus is APC or Nudie, simply because they're the least pricey. Denim Bar should be able ot supply you with either. Nudie supplies a variety of cuts in raw from very slim to bootcut. If you don't want a raw pair, my suggestion would be to some Earnest Sewn Fulton in a darker wash.
Of course, all of these jean questions can be answered in the "I have a jean" thread up top of this forum. There are some members here who know a ludicrous amount about denim and could definitely help you find something that will work for you.

Originally Posted by borderline
JD what does "lengthen your top half" mean??
If you look at the pics I mentioned, you may notice that there's an imbalance between your top and bottom half, the top looks a bit short. This is probably in part because of the relaxed fit of your shirt, and the aforementioned belt may have something to do with it as well. Camera angle may be exacerbating it somewhat.

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
If you look at the pics I mentioned, you may notice that there's an imbalance between your top and bottom half, the top looks a bit short. This is probably in part because of the relaxed fit of your shirt, and the aforementioned belt may have something to do with it as well. Camera angle may be exacerbating it somewhat.

It's true, I'm not 6' 4". Only 5' 9". I could wear the top of my pants lower, but otherwise I don't see the options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads