1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

i offered evidence for my arguement that proved your point invalid, maybe you missed that.

Um, no. But thanks for playing. [​IMG]

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

That looks awful. Seems like something a guy in a really bad local rock band would wear.

THAT's what it reminded me of! Thank you! I knew the velvet blazer thing reminded me of something cheesy but I couldn't put my finger on it.

PS, I somewhat abashedly stand by my Diesels. They are not better than APC and Earnest Sewn. But they look pretty damn good on me. Maybe I'll find a camera later, this thread looks fun.

3. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

Regarding the entire Affliction brand, if you're looking to associate yourself with hard rockers, you're definitely wearing the wrong brand. It's strictly reserved for fraternity bros.

Don't know what kind of frats you've been at, but that's pretty inaccurate.
    Affliction is more of a brand for people who wish they could be MMA fighters. Regardless, pretty damn lame.

4. smw356

smw356 Senior member

Don't know what kind of frats you've been at, but that's pretty inaccurate.
    Affliction is more of a brand for people who wish they could be MMA fighters. Regardless, pretty damn lame.

I dunno around campus here those groups have a pretty heavy overlap.

5. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

Where do you go to school?
    Frat uniform here is Lacoste/RL polo, khakis or R&R/7s, boat shoes/driving mocs.

6. Musselma

Musselma Senior member

Frat guys here wear an RL polo, khakis or 7s/Diesel and boat shoes.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Where do you go to school?
    Frat uniform here is Lacoste/RL polo, khakis or R&R/7s, boat shoes/driving mocs.

98% of people at my school do not have so developed a sense of... trendiness.

8. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

overcoat, jacket, shirt, tie, pants, shoes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

[​IMG]

affliction tee
    seven jeans
    velvet blazer
    impulse boots

I nearly never comment negatively on anyone's outfit, but I feel compelled to do so here. Sorry dude, but this is awful. You know what this reminds me of? The dude who orders Cuervo with cola. No, no, buddy, with cola. i.e. a douche at a cheesy club ordering such an ass drink that not even the nearly-as-lame-nut-not-quite bartender can believe that he was just asked to make it.

Affliction is good for wiping your ass with. No hate to the designers, they are obviously laughing all the way to the bank. Combine with the purple velvet blazer, light washed blue jeans with black boots, and you would fit in very well with the dudes outside of the Century Club. No, those guys are not cool. They are being turned away from a lame club.

10. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Sick. I'd change the shoes but other than that, you appear to have really good sense of style.
    Smoothy504ny--You have succeeded in creating a polarity in the forum.[​IMG]

11. HATORI HANZO

HATORI HANZO Senior member

[​IMG]

affliction tee
    seven jeans
    velvet blazer
    impulse boots

I don't mean any harm but you whole outfit is horrible. I am from DC/MD and you officially have no excuse for dressing this way anymore. You must burn you clothing immediately and go shopping at Denim Bar, Barney's and Dior. Please post new pics after you finish shopping. And bye the way the last time I looked the only people who are still wearing affliction in our area are douchebags not rockers.

12. Avyer

Avyer Well-Known Member

affliction clothing promotes a lifestyle of action sports, rock music etc. and that is the image that i try to convey...therefore i find affliction clothing to be excellent! to each their own [​IMG]

I found this to be very laugh-able. You know those "action sprots and rock music" guys get paid to wear that shit?

Welcome to Marketing 1101:

1. Put our clothes on people that get tons of airtime and the majority of the public idolize.
    2. Charge insane prices for a sub-par hanes T.
    3. Sheep follow.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

Also tired of people trying to "convey" things.. Everytime I hear the word convey used in a fashion sense it always makes me think of some poser that wishes he was something, but doesn't ever do anything to get it or actually get into the culture.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Quick, someone post a pic in a bandana!

14. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Quick, someone post a pic in a bandana!
    [​IMG] chronoaug-- do you have one to share with us?

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

^^^ And I like it, too. [​IMG]

16. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

17. jet

jet Senior member

^wipe the drool from your mouth

18. robin

robin Senior member

Cold in LA!
    I wanted to write "It must be nipply outside in LA", but I didn't want to be the first to point it out. [​IMG]

19. hi-val

hi-val Senior member

When I see Affliction shirts, I often think that the person wearing them would just look better in an Iron Maiden shirt. Lots of people look better in Maiden shirts, actually. If you want to have graphics on your chest, it should be some skeleton freakin' delivering on some demon or something.

20. xchen

xchen Senior member

I think I just might have to post a bandana pic tomorrow, chrono. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.