• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost in va

Reaction score
Same **** I've worn a million times.

Left the house in this thursday and came home this morning looking the same. Only real difference is when I left my house thursday I had on socks and underwear... somehow those are gone now.

IMG_5917.jpg

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tritchey
Where is the hoodie from...I like

Originally Posted by Brutus
^ yeah Pinoy, where did you get that hoodie you posted last year on 7/23/07????

Heh, talk about blast from the past! Anyways, the hoodie is from Cloak, FW04.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yay, more posts! Looks good. I would've never thought of wearing the vest, but it works. I don't think there's a chance in hell i could pull it off though. Maybe one of those times it helps to be shorter. The colors. The colors are absolutely spot ******* on. Now i feel like i want to get batteries and post a fit this week, even though i don't have anything that would be remotely impressive. First i need a haircut or socal will tease me.
Thanks for the compliments, skinny. I actually think you could pull off the vest, but it would have to be long enough to accommodate your height, if you're going for a drapier look. Wear it with your goth ninja steez. And yeah, you need to post more fits.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
That raf blazer is the ****. Lookin' good , mang. Whenever you come to my neck of the dirty south, you better not be pulling this classy ****, while i'd just look like some awkward preppy hipster.
Yeah, that blazer is sick. The fabric always impresses people. To think I nearly didn't buy it. $1000+ MSRP, got it for like $250. I'm excited for this seasons Barney's NY sale. No need to worry, I only do it up when I'm going out out. I can't afford to dress like that all of the time.

Pylon

Reaction score
Allright - this is my first time posting in one of these threads, and I'm relatively new to SF so go right ahead and tear me apart! I figured I'd go easy on myself and start with these threads on the weekend, sans suit.
tounge.gif
So here's a typical autumn Sunday Shirt, Sweater and Jeans - Banana Republic Sneakers - Lacoste
Pylon12Oct2008_1.gif
Have at it!
smile.gif

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pylon
Allright - this is my first time posting in one of these threads, and I'm relatively new to SF so go right ahead and tear me apart! I figured I'd go easy on myself and start with these threads on the weekend, sans suit.
tounge.gif

So here's a typical autumn Sunday

Shirt, Sweater and Jeans - Banana Republic
Sneakers - Lacoste

Have at it!
smile.gif

The top half looks good, nice and slim, but that sweater might be deceptively full in it's cut, can't really tell.

The jeans however are a mess. They completely throw off the balance of the top half, since they are so full.

The shoes, I could care less for. Then again, I am just not a fan of sneakers in general.

If BR works for you in terms of shirts and sweaters, then stick with it. However don't go there for jeans, you don't have to drop money on APC/Flathead/whatever but BR isn't the place you go for jeans. Go for slim, maybe straight leg, or slight taper. You don't have to go stick then, but that is too full cut for you, especially with the slim top half.

As for shoes... my suggestion is to save up for a nice ankle boot type shoe, that is both casual but slightly dressy. You definitely do not need to go to Lacoste for sneakers, unless you really genuinely like them, otherwise I feel that you are paying too much to a name/logo.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG2G great look, although i would be tempted to tuck the shirt in with a blazer.. nice to see not all white boys on this forum

pylon yeah slimmer jeans, nudie slim jim or diors and plain white converse would improve this greatly. top half is fine

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
The jeans however are a mess. They completely throw off the balance of the top half, since they are so full.

Can't say I agree with this line of reasoning. Differing volumes on top and bottom aren't inherently bad and loose tops paired with skinny bottoms happen all the time around here and sufu and the fashion world in general so why should their (admittedly not currently "in" in fashion cycles) counterpart be wrong?

Though here I'd have to say that the jeans don't quite work in this outfit and would mirror the sentiment of not getting jeans at banana republic. I can't remember the name of the dude but if I could I'd link it and it's this amazing WAYWN post of a dude in a very greycast outfit with a slim tophalf and loose bottom half walking behind his house smoking a cigarette. I think maybe the dudes name started with G or something? If anyone can remember please link it as it's a great example of how that's done.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Can't say I agree with this line of reasoning. Differing volumes on top and bottom aren't inherently bad and loose tops paired with skinny bottoms happen all the time around here and sufu and the fashion world in general so why should their (admittedly not currently "in" in fashion cycles) counterpart be wrong?

I did not mean that statement in general, just specifically for this picture. I find nothing wrong with playing with contrasting volumes, if it is done skillfully. Most people do it unknowingly, and it is sloppy and amateurish, such as this case.

I could get into a massive rant on this but I will hold back. Either way, in this outfit it doesn't work.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
naaaaate (so many a's...) was referring to this:

Originally Posted by Ga-vroche
pict0034lb9.jpg

pict0024vq8.jpg

Sweat Bill Tornade
Shirt Zara
Tie???
Trousers Muji
Shos Paul Smith

Seanallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lost in va
Same **** I've worn a million times.

Left the house in this thursday and came home this morning looking the same. Only real difference is when I left my house thursday I had on socks and underwear... somehow those are gone now.

IMG_5917.jpg

what kind of hoodie is that?

Brutus

Reaction score
pylon, what they (^) said.

My shirt could fit better. It doesn't appear to look as awkward IRL.
KMW10-12-08B.jpg

KMW10-12-08.jpg

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I did not mean that statement in general, just specifically for this picture. I find nothing wrong with playing with contrasting volumes, if it is done skillfully. Most people do it unknowingly, and it is sloppy and amateurish, such as this case.

I could get into a massive rant on this but I will hold back. Either way, in this outfit it doesn't work.

Ahh ok sorry I figured you meant it as a generalizing statement. I had doubts that you meant it as a general statement considering you seem to know your stuff about clothing and whatnot so I probably should have listened to said doubts
smile.gif

And thanks whacked!! That outfit remains murderous

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10-12-2008-1.jpg

10-12-2008-2.jpg

10-12-2008-3.jpg

10-12-2008-4.jpg

10-12-2008-5.jpg

Glasses: Perry Ellis, logo rubbed off
Shirt: Alternative Apparel