• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
So, considering that the WAYWT thread dissolved into a pissing match, I'll just ask here.

Does that sweater i'm wearing above fit the right way? I'm not really a sweater guy, so I'm trying it out in a somewhat directionless manner. I've figured that you can't size down too much or the underlying B/D distorts the sweater fabric, but beyond that, i can't really tell.

Sleeves are too long and its too baggy for my tastes. But if you like baggy, then thats that.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks bad. Baggy and shapeless, no shoulder definition, doesn't drape well. I doubt sizing down would help, it just looks like a poor cut (for you, at least). Sloppy-ass shirt collar isn't helping things either.

gordon jraber

Reaction score
going to a wedding on saturday - its kinda of casual/kind of formal. cocktail style maybe?

i dont really want to wear a suit. i have black trousers, what color jacket would go well with that?

thanks.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nah, the same. Only exception is the low-profile ones, which fit a half-size smaller (i.e. true to size).

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
So, considering that the WAYWT thread dissolved into a pissing match, I'll just ask here. Does that sweater i'm wearing above fit the right way? I'm not really a sweater guy, so I'm trying it out in a somewhat directionless manner. I've figured that you can't size down too much or the underlying B/D distorts the sweater fabric, but beyond that, i can't really tell.
Your build is compact and muscular, but you don't have exceptionally wide shoulders for your buff chest ;-p That's making the shoulders drape funny (low - shoulder seam should be ON your shoulder bone), and makes the entire cut look off. It's also a little large and slightly baggy around your abs, and too long at waist ( a common problem for me). I'd say go a size down, but you may run into tightness in the chest. But size down would solve shoulder/arm length and hip length problem, as well as bagginess issue. Buy and wear your sweaters shorter. Just below your belt is good. Sweaters should be snug on you but not like spandex. If you run into your shirt showing too much under, go with a denser wool or a coarser knit. Sheer, thin merino wool will show a lot. Lambs wool is thicker, go cashmere, or find a denser merino. Also look for knits like a classic cable knit, or even argyle. Timeless
Originally Posted by gordon jraber
going to a wedding on saturday - its kinda of casual/kind of formal. cocktail style maybe? i dont really want to wear a suit. i have black trousers, what color jacket would go well with that? thanks.
Daytime: With black pants? Cocktail style is A+. A dress blazer/'sport jacket' in black or a dark pattern (earthtones, herringbone, check, etc), black or blue solid. Tip: shop vintage 50's- '60s stuff - good slim cuts for when men always wore jackets. Evening: wear a suit or consult your groomsmen or friends - it's actually considered good etiquette to ask. Tie is a must unless it's a Harley Riders Assoc wedding. Better to be overdressed. Brides are keyed-up bitches for a day.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
so if I'm normally a 12, I would be what in mid top varvatos chucks?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
so if I'm normally a 12, I would be what in mid top varvatos chucks?
Whatever size you wear in regular Chucks. So 11.5, I'm guessing? (Unless it's one of the low-profile ones, in which case, 12.)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't own chucks
frown.gif
I wear a 12 in nike/adidas

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.5 then, probably. Most people size down a half (although some people size down one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads