• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ok to wear my dark brown suede loafers now that it's summer?

ChazzR

Reaction score
They're the Brooks Brothers tasseled ones - I love the things, but I'm wondering whether they need to hit the back of the closet for the summer.

Everybody's dancing
To the farfisa beat
All the girls are crazy
Acting out the heat
Tie and shirts and cufflinks
Well that's pretty neat

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear all sorts of suede shoes in the summer but I tend to avoid dark brown as it is better suited for fall/winter fabrications.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I generally wear light coloured suede shoes in summer, but by coincidence, yesterday I wore chocolate brown Ferragamo bit loafers. Rest of outfit was a pale orange polo from Loro Piana and a pair of light-coloured (sort of stone/creamy) chinos. The contrast was nice and they worked well with the orange of the shirt I thought.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've retired my dark brown suede wingtips for the summer,
but I have a pair of John Lobb Jodhpur boots in brown suede on the way. Once I see how dark they are, I may decide to wear them occasionally this Summer.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 142 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 266 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40