• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do dries shirts run? I'm hoping for something that measure 20-21 across, can size 50 give me that?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's pretty much right, my dries are 50 and rafs are 50-52.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dries has different cuts when you buy at the showroom, some are slim which I like better.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have size 48 dries in the normal cut that is bigger than size 50 in the slim. Best for me would probably be size 48 in the slim, but I havent seen that one around.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys this **** was helpful. Was looking around for info and found past measurement for what I presume was older dries shirts on ebay. Then when I was comparing them to the fitted shirt pic on SW the chest looked a good bit slimmer compared to the shoulders. So cuts must vary on regular and older seasons, vs. more recent fitted.
I may look into picking up the dries if my APC fit is too narrow in the shoulders compared to the chest.

ok1234

Reaction score
would a raf simmons suit in 44 be equivalent to to an apc size XS suit?

also, is the grey dries van noten suit in 46 slim? the description is "anthracite suit 2 button, flat front pants"

thanks

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Barneys was a madhouse today.

Lots of eye candy too it was great.

I was doing a final sweep at the Barney's at Beverly Hills and shopped next to JASON BATEMAN! He was looking through the Prada section. He is pretty tall! Sorry, I'm only geeking out because Arrested Development is one of the best shows ever.

Anyway, anybody know if the Barney's in SF is worth going to? Thinking of heading up to the city this NYE...

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope he wasn't in the 75% off section

bure

Reaction score
Any J.Crew coupons codes? Just want a sweater, will there be any boxing day sales? Thanks

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bure
Any J.Crew coupons codes? Just want a sweater, will there be any boxing day sales? Thanks
ICD-49 {free shipping on $150+; expires 12.31.08}

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40% off everything at Bluebee.com, use code HOLIDAY......offer good until 12/24 8AM PST.

Racove

Reaction score
I got a Dries 50 navy slim fit at barney's, same price as south willard. fit is great. has a box pleat & 2 darts... so similar to BoO, but looks cleaner. slightly roomier & longer than a BoO Large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads