1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Meis

Meis Senior member

Why would this be a fear? I've never heard of a store refusing to allow a return for damaged/defective merchandise, even if it was bought on final sale.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wanting the full protection of a full return policy, and saying you'd use it to return a product that's scuffed reminds me of that one customer who twice placed an order for a pair of Vass shoes, free shipping to California. Each time he returned the shoes after trying them on, no explanation, refund please. He then proceeded to order a third pair but also added a message for us to make sure to send him a pair that had never been tried on before! The irony was too strong, my head exploded in a hundred pieces and required expensive reconstructive surgery.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    7 people like this.
  3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I don't care what percent the discount is. final sale means final sale. if you can't grasp that concept then you are being ignorant

4. Regg

Regg Senior member

what's worse, that guy, or a store that would send you a scuffed or defective item and then refuse to budge on their "no returns" policy

5. jsimonovis413

jsimonovis413 Senior member

What? Did you not read your own post and absurd logic?

YOU argued that FINAL SALE is only obvious because items were HEAVILY DISCOUNTED.

All I am trying to tell you is, your logic is wrong. Not all items are HEAVILY DISCOUNTED and they're still FINAL SALE. Ignorant.

6. gdl203

A store that sends you a defective item and refuses to take it back is definitely worse. It's not funny or ironic though - it's just bad practices.

7. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

the mr. porter terrorist is back

2 people like this.
  8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I personally have no problem with final sale, but it makes me less likely to purchase something if that is the case. I'd happily pay return shipping to be able to try something on and then return it if it doesn't work. In fact there was a piece that has very limited availability that I really wanted to try on. I didn't want to take advantage of the shop's free shipping/free returns at full price because there was the chance that neither size would work. Now it's on it's first markdown and final sale and so I won't risk it. Still I get why shops make sale items final sale after a certain % off.

9. Regg

Regg Senior member

I'm pretty sure that's what the guy was saying, not that he would scuff an item and send it back

I'm sure mrporter would do the right thing in that situation though, so I don't think that is a big concern.

10. exexpat

exexpat Well-Known Member

This. If Poox try this shit in the EU they will know about it.
    Guys in the UK you can pay Mr porter via paypal. If you need to send something back with a dodgy retailer (e.g. selfridges) then you can just raise a not as described case complaining about the colour. Paypal will side with you 99.9% of the time and you even get your return postage paid too.

This an option for US based?

11. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

Final sale bothers me a lot less when a store is good about providing detailed measurements. Otherwise it'll probably scare me away, especially if it's a brand I haven't tried before. Then again, sometimes the deal is good enough that I'll take the risk.

12. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

I've never understood people who get this worked up over shoes.

I get it, you pay hundreds of dollars for a premium product so you expect perfection.

But you wear them once for 10 minutes and boom, you've got some scuffs.

If you're going to be wearing these for years to come, is it worth getting worked-up over how they look in the first 10 minutes?

Most of my Aldens were purchased as seconds though, so who am I to judge.

13. yanks

yanks Active Member

My order placed last night has a "Create return/exchange" button, so it seems that you can return stuff purchased before they put in final sale. As for Amex, you can put in a returns claim even if it is final sale (I've done it once). They usually let you keep the item too if it's under $300 from what I read.

14. jsimonovis413

Too generous IMO. I'm sure there's people who take advantage of that.

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I'm going to call Mr Porter and tell them that if they sell me that Bremont Kingsman watch at 70% off I'll agree to final sale. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. yanks

yanks Active Member

Yea, but I think there are more likely to make you ship it back if you keep taking advantage of it. I think 1-2 claims per year is pretty minor for them. And plus they don't wanna be stuck with paying for shipping for something like a lawn mower and disposing of it.

17. jsimonovis413

Out of 4 items I've tried to purchase, I was only quick enough to buy 1. [​IMG]

18. gdl203

I'm sorry if I was unclear. The person in question ordered two pairs of shoes in two instances and tried them on at home before returning them. He then requested shoes that had never been tried on (verbatim). That's a mind-boggling succession of events to me. Anyhow, no big deal but that was quite funny to me.

19. jsimonovis413

That's true. When the iPhone 6 came out I bought a Mulberry sleeve for it because I saw them in store and they were relatively cheap. I bought it thinking that if the phone was inside a sleeve it would keep me away from texting and driving. One night, my cat was sick and accidentally vomited on top of it. AMEX covered it under their accident policy. [​IMG]

20. Regg

Regg Senior member

hah I was referring to this
    but perhaps I was confused

in agreement about the other guy. people will always take advantage and ruin things for everyone else