• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, can anyone confirm if that Brad Jacket fits better than it looks to fit by the model?

I've owned a couple Belstaff Jackets, and well despite the shift of production to Italy they aren't all that slim fitting-- Although that appears to changing this coming season. I suspect that they sized that Brad one size too big for that model. Worth taking a chance if you like the style and color.

N/M BRAD APPEARS TO FIT VERY SLIM! The model probably sized two sized too big!

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
I think i'm going to pick up a Krane Jonas too. Anyone want to help me decide between black and brown? I'm worried black might look too trench coat mafia style.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
i would go brown. i feel the same about the black, its just kind of too dark in my opinion

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LeatherSoul is having a clearance sale. You have to email them to ask for models in your size (I believe only EG, JL, and RTW Cleverlys are on sale). Here's what they emailed me for things around my size (9D), if you're interested.

Size 8E UK (unless otherwise noted)

JL Ashley, 4596 Last, Black Museum, 8D
JL Ashley, 4596 Last, Black Museum
JL Ashill, 7000 Last, Black Calf
JL Brentwood, 2511 Last, Parisian Brown Suede
JL Jermyn III, 8695 Last, Black Suede
JL William II, 9795 Last, Moss Green Kendal

Size 8.5E UK (unless otherwise noted)

JL Brentwood, 2511 Last, Parisian Brown Suede

EG Banbury, 202 Last, Walnut Country
EG Beaulieu, 82 Last, Burgundy, 8.5D
EG Chelsea, 82 Last, Black Calf, 8.5G
EG Dover, 606 Last, Black Calf, 8.5D
EG Shelton, 888 Last, Hazel
EG Westminster, 888 Last, Navy Suede
EG Cherwell, 82 Last, Taupe Nubuck

Size 9E UK

EG Banbury, 202 Last, Walnut Country
EG Shelton, 888 Last, Hazel
EG Westminster, 888 Last, Slate

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, can anyone confirm if that Brad Jacket fits better than it looks to fit by the model?

I've owned a couple Belstaff Jackets, and well despite the shift of production to Italy they aren't all that slim fitting-- Although that appears to changing this coming season. I suspect that they sized that Brad one size too big for that model. Worth taking a chance if you like the style and color.

N/M BRAD APPEARS TO FIT VERY SLIM! The model probably sized two sized too big!

Better pics of New Brad.
http://www.barneys.com/Belstaff-New-Brad-Jacket/501578200,default,pd.html

Measurements at Mr Porter.
http://www.mrporter.com/product/322682

One warning about the Brad.
I ordered one about 2 years ago in my usual size. It was so tight I could barely get it on my shoulders.
A few months ago I tried one on in store and it was tight even going up a size. I tried one two sizes up and it was still comfortably snug but the arms were ape like in length.

I think, but am not sure, those were the Old Brad models.
I have no idea how the New Brad fits although going by the Porter measurements they seem to have become more normal.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That jacket looks so weird that short. It's like someone accidentally put their Trailmaster in the dryer and only the body shrank three sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads