• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dgonsh

Reaction score
I only had it shipped directly to me (Toronto) and not my Kinek address in Buffalo because of the free shipping promo. IIRC, there was no mention of it shipping DHL. I made the mistake and will never make it again. I am not purchasing for Boylston. I dont need my garment in 3 days. I can wait the 8-12 that usps estimates (usually less) like Rogue Territory, and Kent Wang and so many others offer.

Or, if I know I'm gonna get smacked, I ship a bunch of stuff to my Kinek address in Buffalo til it adds up makes worth doing a little day trip. It's more about principal than actual value.

linds_15

Reaction score

I only had it shipped directly to me (Toronto) and not my Kinek address in Buffalo because of the free shipping promo. IIRC, there was no mention of it shipping DHL. I made the mistake and will never make it again. I am not purchasing for Boylston. I dont need my garment in 3 days. I can wait the 8-12 that usps estimates (usually less) like Rogue Territory, and Kent Wang and so many others offer. 

Or, if I know I'm gonna get smacked, I ship a bunch of stuff to my Kinek address in Buffalo til it adds up makes worth doing a little day trip. It's more about principal than actual value. 

in toronto too, ordered from wrong weather once, got a great deal on common projects, after the ~70 in fees, may as well have ordered from sense or even walked over to nomad. TBS has my business from here on out on international orders

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gitman shirts ROFL

What a joke.

Now I know first hand. Don't pick them up, you've been warned...another timesssss

FG31

Reaction score
I live in Toronto too, and TBS has the whole e-commerce thing figured out. Only place where I've made an online purchase that I didn't later regret. Purchases something once from Billy Reid, shipped by FedEx and got hit with $56 in fees on a $130 jacket. It was a made in the USA denim jacket, and with the NAFTA agreement I shouldn't have been hit with such insane duties.

Purchased a CDG wallet made in Spain from TBS for that same price, also shipped by FedEx, and wasn't hit with duties at all. I absolutely <3333333 TBS. Love so real I wanna get it tatted on my arm brah.

linds_15

Reaction score
the whole NAFTA deal almost never pans out. for it to work the stores have to declare it properly, so when it his canada it goes through properly, instead they put it in a box, slap on the address and send it. once you get the package, i don't think theres a way to backtrack and claim it was made in USA and get the money back

fogg

Reaction score

the whole NAFTA deal almost never pans out. for it to work the stores have to declare it properly, so when it his canada it goes through properly, instead they put it in a box, slap on the address and send it. once you get the package, i don't think theres a way to backtrack and claim it was made in USA and get the money back

You can dispute the charge, but it's a hassle and it takes forever for a ruling. Probably not worth the time unless you get hit with a pretty big duty charge on a NAFTA good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads