• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Joseph went above and beyond for me :slayer:

Happy to help!

As for the customs issues, it really is best to contact the specific store so you know how / with what courier they ship. Many will do their best to help, but a lot of it depends on how their account with that particular courier is set up and whether they are able to use a variety of couriers.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And hey, if people can also post ways to get around paying DHL's ridiculous fees or pay less, isn't that the whole point of posting in this thread to save some money and get the items that you want?
I don't know how it is in North America, but here in Europe, especially Norway, to avoid the brokerage fee you could visit a local DHL office to pay the taxes and duties before the parcel arrives.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SAVE20NOW at GILT/P&B

Selected accounts only perhaps, YMMV

Last edited:

FG31

Reaction score
Speaking of Canadians, and more specifically Toronto, do yourself a favour and check out the Holt Renfrew Last Call in Vaughan Mills. I pass by it once a week to just browse, this week there was a huge selection of APC raw denimz for like 40 bucks, BLK DNM skinny black jeans for same price, Thom Browne Peacoat for around $400 (down from $2000), etc etc. Won't find better savings than that anywhere on the internet.

wizzeak

Reaction score

Speaking of Canadians, and more specifically Toronto, do yourself a favour and check out the Holt Renfrew Last Call in Vaughan Mills. I pass by it once a week to just browse, this week there was a huge selection of APC raw denimz for like 40 bucks, BLK DNM skinny black jeans for same price, Thom Browne Peacoat for around $400 (down from $2000), etc etc. Won't find better savings than that anywhere on the internet.

dam what the ****, $40? Surprising as those don't need a sale to sell. kind of like Canada Goose. too bad I'm not in TO.

also, anyone know when ssense drops to 40-50? and does blackbird do some sort of winter/boxing day sale?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone willing to proxy to Van?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can dispute the charge, but it's a hassle and it takes forever for a ruling. Probably not worth the time unless you get hit with a pretty big duty charge on a NAFTA good.

I've done this before and it was pretty straightforward. I got a partial refund of the duties and taxes about a month or two after mailing the form.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've done this before and it was pretty straightforward. I got a partial refund of the duties and taxes about a month or two after mailing the form.

I bought a CG from a company in the US and when they sent it I got assessed about $80 in duties and taxes; I filled up all the forms, put together all the documentation I had, and sent it in like 8 months ago, never heard a thing back.

Nopike343

Reaction score

SAVE20NOW at GILT/P&B
Selected accounts only perhaps, YMMV

What's with P&B? I was going to purchase a sale item and the order stated that returns would only be accepted for GILT credit. I emailed customer service and they confirmed that this was true. P&B return policy on their site makes no mention of this being the case.

I returned sale items to P&B in the past and did not have to accept GILT credit. Has their policy changed?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's closing shop

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's with P&B? I was going to purchase a sale item and the order stated that returns would only be accepted for GILT credit. I emailed customer service and they confirmed that this was true. P&B return policy on their site makes no mention of this being the case.
I returned sale items to P&B in the past and did not have to accept GILT credit. Has their policy changed?

Don't email, it's always better to call.
I think its just a screw up with the website. I ordered an ervell shirt and sweater and when I went to set up a return the sweater was marked with the regular return policy but the only option for the shirt was to return for credit. I called and they set up a regular (non-credit) return for me.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They are going out of business after this sales season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads