• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gavin

Reaction score

From Sydney's (www.shopsydneys.com):
This weekend only, buy one item from our designer collections and receive any second item of equal or lesser value for 50% off!* Valid in-store and online with coupon code "bogo50".
*excluding all denim and sale items.

Just quoting this as a reminder. The sale runs through until tomorrow.

thenewjs

Reaction score
gitman is terrible

I would have to agree with this. I got one after reading all the reviews on here. Have to say I was un-happy. The collar feels like a neck brace. Being in Hot & Humid Houston I'm not a fan of that.

Oh,and that box pleat. I hate box pleats.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
p. good

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
gitman were nice at $115 and are garbage at $180.

i also like how they bill fabric that you can find 4 other brands using as "AN EXCLUSIVE FABRIC WE JUST UNEARTHED IN OUR ARCHIVES.. LIMITED EDITION!"

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with this. I got one after reading all the reviews on here. Have to say I was un-happy. The collar feels like a neck brace. Being in Hot & Humid Houston I'm not a fan of that.

Oh,and that box pleat. I hate box pleats.
True. the collar is high. but i like the fit and length of the shirt, which are the only OTR shirts that fit me.
i would never buy gitmans on retail.

ffatt

Reaction score

Inconsistent sizing, mall fit, meh designs, terrible hem, rising prices, plastic buttons...need I go on?

Gitman can be summed in one word INCONSISTENT. I have poor and good experience with the shirting including fit (as good as OTR can get especially with those who have a muscular build). Some of the unique prints is when I consider paying retail or else buy on sale and hope for the best.

DesignerValet

Reaction score

WTF. I had to settle for a normal Mexican burrito. Now that I'm sober I don't feel like driving to Palm Springs anymore

Pre-sale started yesterday. No need to drive; tell them your size and what you're looking for and they'll email you pics.

drebin

Reaction score
I guess I already missed the porter founding member sale or did it not happen yet? Should start around Black Friday right?

From what I gather, it hasn't started yet. I'm not a founding member, though. I'm just keeping an eye on things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads