• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, USPS have never charged me customs fees, it's always UPS, DHL, or FedEx.

Ordered multiple times from RG, no customs ever.

Derek92

Reaction score

In my experience, I've never been hit with customs from RG. However, I only ordered around $300 worth of stuff, and they had marked everything down to about $120 without my asking.

Cool. Yeah I only ordered two things and they marked em down to $50 each for customs.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, USPS have never charged me customs fees, it's always UPS, DHL, or FedEx.
Ordered multiple times from RG, no customs ever.
My nation's national post service have charged me customs fees once, but without the brokerage fees, which is fine.
But UPS and DHL charge me every time with the $15-25 brokerage fee.

Hockey3081

Reaction score
Why does a UK site like ASOS not charge you duties when shipping to the US but Mr. Porter UK does? They adjust down the VAT and end up slamming you with duties.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

creep by hiroshi awai on my habit , i always find their designs fairly interesting, but fit on the shirts have always been a bit awkward, tight on shoulders but short and boxy everywhere else

Thanks for the heads up. Nabbed a shirt that I'd been drooling over since I saw it on 4HM, but couldn't justify retail. Ordered yesterday afternoon and received the package today.

Not sure if fit on the shirts varies from model to model, but the fit on this one is pretty much spot on for me.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not customs in general, but calling out who marks down is not smart. Just because someone said it somewhere doesn't make it a good idea to continue saying it elsewhere. No retailer has to mark down, and if you want them to continue doing it, I wouldn't keep bringing it up in public. It's unlikely that anyone that matters in regards to customs office would read these posts, but why risk it?

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not customs in general, but calling out who marks down is not smart. Just because someone said it somewhere doesn't make it a good idea to continue saying it elsewhere. No retailer has to mark down, and if you want them to continue doing it, I wouldn't keep bringing it up in public. It's unlikely that anyone that matters in regards to customs office would read these posts, but why risk it?

I agree with this, I think it's a bad idea to keep talking about it on a public forum. It's happened once for me with a merchant, and while I didn't ask them to I really appreciated the fact that they did; but I wouldn't go posting it all over.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't care about customs, it's the brokerage fees that i'm not a fan of. always royal mail/colissimo/canadapost, just say no to UPS

who8mahrice

Reaction score

Why does a UK site like ASOS not charge you duties when shipping to the US but Mr. Porter UK does? They adjust down the VAT and end up slamming you with duties.

Not sure about MrPorter, but Asos has a warehouse in the States they send items from.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this always the case when it comes to taxes and duties? Just curios I have a mailbox in the states and I never order from ASOS bc I'm scared of getting hit when I get it in Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads