• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alphataru

Reaction score
Spend money on girls, weed, condoms, and good underwear. Buy good weed, work on sticking *********** inside the opposite sex (or same if that's your pleasure) and doing well in school. Don't worry about anything else.

You will have plenty of time to worry about clothes when you have income later on.

You can get girls for free. You can also get decent underwear on the cheap. Condoms are free at most universities. You shouldn't smoke weed. Lastly, good clothes will help you get girls, and will give you pleasure for far longer than a girl you meet at a party will.

To answer the original question, it really depends. If you have something you really want and are of a normal size s/m, you should probably get it either now or next cut. If you are eyeing an 'out there' piece, or wear l/xl/xxl, then wait till the final cut.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a student, so I get $1200 in monthly salary, should I use my money on this price drop or Barneys next drop?

I'm confused. Is this 'living expenses' that you're appropriating for other uses, or something else?

Del-Toro

Reaction score
You can get girls for free. You can also get decent underwear on the cheap. Condoms are free at most universities. You shouldn't smoke weed. Lastly, good clothes will help you get girls, and will give you pleasure for far longer than a girl you meet at a party will.

To answer the original question, it really depends. If you have something you really want and are of a normal size s/m, you should probably get it either now or next cut. If you are eyeing an 'out there' piece, or wear l/xl/xxl, then wait till the final cut.

Yes, my point was to buy weed and clean underwear. Work on doing well in school and finding a warm hole.

Buy clothes later when you have income and can buy what you want and don't have to wait for sales.

Not sure about last comment. I think girls are much more pleasurable then any clothing item I have.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You sound like you're a blast at parties
redface.gif

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you have to ask how to get girls you can't get them for free.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is this 'living expenses' that you're appropriating for other uses, or something else?
The salary is for other uses and clothes. The My salary is pretty low in my country.

Edit:

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spend money on girls, weed, condoms, and good underwear.  Buy good weed, work on sticking *********** inside the opposite sex (or same if that's your pleasure) and doing well in school.  Don't worry about anything else.

You will have plenty of time to worry about clothes when you have income later on.

but
most designer clothing (the interesting conceptual/runway stuff) is meant for younger people
plus you can wear what you want in university/school/college

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you care?

Because I'm interested, I've never heard of a student getting a salary like that before. Do you mind if I ask where this is?

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Saudi's get living allowances
Because I'm interested, I've never heard of a student getting a salary like that before. Do you mind if I ask where this is?

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think my salary is high or low? Well, I work in the public sector in a post office in Norway, but the job is a part-time job beside the upper secondary school.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think my salary is high or low? Well, I work in the public sector in a post office in Norway, but the job is a part-time job beside the upper secondary school.

Oh, now I see, so it's an actual salary (for working), not like a stipend as part of a financial aid package. Cool.

As to your question, if there's something you want (that you wanted before the sale), get it now, but if you're just looking to fill a few wardrobe holes (i.e. 'I need a pair of pants and a jacket'), I'd wait for further drops, since you'll for sure be able to find something at 70% off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads